We are recruiting for matchday stewards to come and join us on a matchday at Huish Park.
Yeovil Town are looking to recruit more individuals to our stewarding team. We are looking for committed and enthusiastic candidates to play a vital role in the match day experience at Huish Park.
- To attend all pre-match briefings.
- Carry out pre-event safety checks.
- Attend all training required by the club.
- Implement the Ground Regulations.
- Ensure a safe environment
- Controlling or directing people who are entering or leaving the ground, to do so in a safe manner.
- Help create a positive match day experience
- Welcoming and friendly to supporters
- Recognising potential issues
- Staffing entrances exits and other strategic points to, from and within the stadium.
- Ensuring and maintaining that all safe exit routes remain clear during the progress of the specified activity.
- Undertaking specific duties in an emergency, or as otherwise directed by the Safety Officer.
- Assisting in the safe operation of the ground, not to view the activity taking place; and understanding their general responsibilities towards the Health & Safety, including any specific Covid-19 measures that may be in place.
- Assisting to ensure safeguarding of all persons present, including vulnerable adults, children and themselves.
- Checking accreditation in restricted areas and ensuring only those authorised to do so have access.
- Ensure a full report of any incidents is accurately completed before finishing duty.
- Acquire a good knowledge of stadium layout.
- To be the first point of call for any incidents or issues in the stadium.
- Obligation to adhere to the club’s health and safety policy and procedures.
- As a member of staff to ensure in all matters you follow and actively promote the club’s equality policies and practices to ensure a welcoming, safe and inclusive. environment for everyone engaged with the club.
- Possess or be willing to undertake NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety, such training to be provided by the club.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including a calm approach to difficult situations.
- A strong desire to work as part of a team to deliver a safe and enjoyable matchday.
- Please note you may be required to complete a DBS check for this role.
- This role is on a casual worker contract basis and will be renewed seasonally.
- Shifts are normally 5 hours on a match day, with 3 hours of reporting duty and 2 hours for the duration of the match.
- Report time for a 15:00 kick off will be 12:00.
- Finish time for a 15:00 kick off is between 17:00 and 17:15.
- Report time for a 19:45 kick off is normally 16:45.
- Finish time for a 19:45 kick off is normally between 21:45 and 22:00.
To apply, please fill out the attached form below and either drop it to Huish Park or email firstname.lastname@example.org