22nd February 2020

Yeovil Town fell to a third successive defeat this afternoon as Boreham Wood won a tight affair at Meadow Park. 

Former Glover Kabongo Tshimanga netted the only goal of the afternoon as the forward took advantage of a fast breakaway.

Despite claims of a foul in the build up, the referee was left unmoved as Town ultimately suffered a defeat in South Hertfordshire. 

It was four changes for Town following an almost two week break between fixtures. 

Craig Alcock returned to the fold as Darren Sarll opted for an experienced defence. 

There was also a return for club captain Lee Collins who was injured for the previous defeat in Yorkshire. 

Matt Worthington joined Albi Skendi and Charlie Lee in the dynamic Yeovil midfield.

There was also a return for Chris Dagnall who completed the three pronged attack alongside Rhys Murphy and Courtney Duffus. 

Despite largely controlling the ball throughout the first half, chances were few and far between for the Glovers, but the same could be said for our hosts too. 

The returning Dagnall started brightly, bursting into the box on the 12th minute but a last ditch tackle denied him a shooting opportunity.

The best chance of the half would fall to Boreham Wood in the 17h minute as Piero Mingoia’s effort deflected off Kane Smith’s back and looped narrowly over. 

The Wood looked largely one-dimensional in the first half, with the ball continually hit to Sorba Thomas who had been kept quiet by Alcock all afternoon.

Town’s best chance of the half would fall to Luke Wilkinson who saw his header skew wide of the mark following Charlie Lee’s well-hit cross.

As the half came to a close, it was disappointing news on the injury front as Murphy limped off with Jimmy Smith coming on in his place at the break. 

The second half began like the first, two sides battling for supremacy but a lack of clear cut chances.

Boreham Wood would enjoy a lot of the ball in the opening minutes of the second half but all there was to write home about was a half-hearted penalty appeal for handball. 

Following on from this the Glovers would be the team on top, with Dagnall firing narrowly wide with a half volley in the 61st minute.

It was only going to take one goal to win this one, and that goal came for Boreham Wood. Despite Duffus seemingly being hacked down in the build up, the hosts broke quickly finding Tshimanga who poked home the only goal of the afternoon. 

Yeovil would huff and puff in the closing stages, testing Ashmore on a couple of occasions, most notabley through a Wilkinson free-kick.

Ultimatley it was only through efforts from distance that tested the Wood’s shotstopper, leading to another disappointing defeat for Town.



Boreham Wood: Ashmore, Ilesanmi, Ricketts, Champion, Mingoia (Rhead), McDonnell, Tshimanga, Marsh, Fyfield, Thomas, Smith. 

Bookings: Smith 

Subs: Smith, Stephens, Yussuf, May


Yeovil Town: Nelson, Dickinson, Collins, Wilkinson, Alcock (Hutton), Lee, Skendi, Worthington (M.Richards), Murphy (J.Smith), Dagnall, Duffus

Bookings: Lee, Dagnall, Sarll.

Subs: Bradbury, O’Brien.