10th April 2017

Doncaster Rovers achieved promotion back to League One at the first time of asking with a 1-0 win over Mansfield Town.

A header from Tommy Rowe 16 minutes from time was enough for Darren Ferguson’s side to overcome the Stags.

Ryan Taylor’s last-gasp finish helped Plymouth Argyle to a vital three points over 10-man Crawley Town.

With the scores level at one apiece, the former Bristol City striker popped up in the dying embers of the match to leave the Pilgrims needing a maximum of two more victories to secure promotion to the third tier for the first time since 2011.

Newport County clawed their way to within three points of safety with a shock win at play-off hopefuls Exeter City.

The Exiles netted the only goal of the game through Tom Owen-Evans’ long range shot.

Ten-man Cheltenham Town scored late to draw against Wycombe Wanderers in a six-goal thriller at Adams Park.

The Chairboys thought they had kept their slim chances of a top seven finish when Joe Jacobson slotted home from the spot, but Billy Waters fired in the rebound after his penalty was saved to give the Robins a crucial point.

Blackpool missed the opportunity to jump into a play-off place, going down 3-1 at home to Grimsby Town.

Sam Jones grabbed a brace for the Mariners who recorded their first victory in five games.

Cambridge United sit two points outside the play-offs following a routine win over bottom club Leyton Orient.

Orient are now 10 points adrift from safety with only five matches remaining, thanks to goals from Luke Berry, Luke O’Neil and George Maris.

A superb first-half display secured Colchester United an emphatic victory over fifth-placed Stevenage.

The U’s netted four times to settle the contest before the break.

Accrington Stanley kept their excellent run going, edging out Crewe Alexandra in a five-goal game at the Crown Ground.

Mark Hughes score twice as Stanley came from two-down to extend their unbeaten sequence to 13 matches.

Jon Stead and Matt Tootle struck in the last five minutes for Notts County to snatch victory away from Carlisle United.

The Cumbrians looked on course for a win then Jabo Ibehre struck just before the hour only for the Magpies to hit back in the closing stages.

Elsewhere, Luton Town recorded a narrow win over Barnet while struggling Hartlepool United were held to a draw at Morecambe.