6th February 2017

Newport County boosted their survival hopes with a last-gasp equaliser at Cheltenham Town.

Kyle Wootton looked to have won it for the hosts, but Jaanai Gordon levelled for Newport in the third minute of injury time to make it four unbeaten for the Exiles.

Leyton Orient slipped further into trouble following a 2-1 home defeat to high-flying Carlisle United.

Gavin Massey gave the O’s an early but Carlisle’s January signings Gary Liddle and Jamie Proctor turned the game on its head before the latter was sent off for a second bookable offence.

League leaders Doncaster Rovers failed to win for the first time in 2017 as Morecambe held on to draw at the Keepmoat.

The visitors went ahed through Peter Murphy before an in-form John Marquis restored parity in the 56th minute.

Plymouth Argyle reduced the gap at the top to five points with a win over Cambridge United.

Antoni Sarcevic scored the game’s only goal as the Pilgrims bounced back from their midweek defeat to Town.

Exeter City continued their dazzling form with a convincing 4-0 win over Crewe Alexandra.

The Grecians made it 12 games unbeaten thanks to goals from Jake Taylor-Moore, Lloyd James and a double from David Wheeler.

Scott Kashket notched his 15th goal of the season as Wycombe leapfrogged visitors Portsmouth to go sixth.

The striker’s deflected shot early in the second half was enough to settle the match at Adams Park despite a tense end to the game.

Wycombe are now level on points with Luton Town who drew 1-1 against Grimsby Town.

The Hatters had the chance to win it in injury time but Danny Hylton’s spot-kick was saved by keeper James McKeown.

Loan players Harvey Rodgers and Noor Husin secured Accrington a home win over Notts County in their League Two relegation battle.

Defender Rodgers, on loan from Hull, headed home on 45 minutes, while substitute Husin, who signed from Crystal Palace on Tuesday, had an easy tap-in to secure a vital three points for Stanley and plunge Kevin Nolan’s side deeper into trouble.

Ben Whiteman scored for the second week in a row as Mansfield moved to within two points of the play-off places with a comfortable victory at Barnet.

The Stags added a second from the spot and are now breathing down the necks of seventh-placed Portsmouth following their win at the Hive. 

Matt Godden hit a dramatic stoppage-time winner as Stevenage came from behind to clinch victory at Crawley Town.

Boro’s forward has already netted an equaliser before adding his second five minutes into injury time.


Elsewhere, Blackpool and Colchester United drew 1-1.