27th February 2017

Portsmouth closed the gap on third-placed Carlisle United with a 3-0 win over the Cumbrians.

All three goals came inside the last 20 minutes of the match with Gary Roberts, Amine Linganzi and Jack Whatmough on the scoresheet.

League leaders Doncaster Rovers are winless in five following their draw against Accrington Stanley at the Keepmoat.

Donny twice led in the game but Stanley produced a valiant display to earn a point.

Plymouth Argyle missed the chance to move within a point on Doncaster as they drew away to play-off hopefuls Luton Town.

The Hatters took an early lead through in-form Danny Hylton but Craig Tanner restored parity after 25 minutes to end the scoring.

Carl Winchester secured Cheltenham United a valuable three points in their clash at the bottom with Leyton Orient.

The former Oldham man’s powerful strike won it for the Robins who had goalkeeper Scott Brown to thank for producing several outstanding saves.

Wycombe Wanderers lost for the fifth game running as Crawley Town ran out 2-1 winners at Adams Park.

Adebayo Akinfenwa’s eighth goal of the league campaign put the Chairboys ahead but Joe McNerney’s header and a superb free kick from Josh Payne turned the contest on its head.

A late penalty from Shaquille Coulthirst secured Mansfield Town victory over bottom club Newport County.

Ex-Yeovil man Ryan Bird opened proceedings for the Exiles, before Krystian Pearce and Coulthirst from the spot put another dent in Newport’s survival hopes.

Reuben Reid netted in injury time to rescue a point for Exeter City at home to Blackpool.

The Tangerines looked to be heading for just their second win in ten matches but former Plymouth player Reid’s header salvaged a point for the Grecians.

Stevenage edged out Crewe Alexandra in a feisty affair at Gresty Road.

Matt Godden netted his fifth in five games before Crewe’s Chris Dagnall and Boro’s Jamie Jones saw red. Fraser Franks added another for the visitors, and James Jones scored a late consolation from the spot.

Elsewhere, there were 1-0 wins for Cambridge United and Morecambe against Barnet and Grimsby Town, while Colchester United overcame Hartlepool United at home.