12th May 2014

After the promising display at Bolton in the last game in September The Glovers camp were confident as they went into the first home game in October against Leicester City.

A goalless first half saw The Foxes come out for the second period with all guns blazing and soon went two nil up thanks to goals from Lloyd Dyer and a penalty from David Nugent.

Yeovil managed to hit back with their first league goal at Huish Park which was also a penalty from James Hayter but it was not enough as Leicester ran out quite convincing winners. A sign of what was to come!

Things didn’t get better in the next game when a long trip up to Middlesbrough saw a 4-1 reverse for The Glovers.

It all started so well though with a 4th.minute goal from Liam Davis but that was about it for Yeovil as Boro went on to put four past Wayne Hennessy.

Nathan Jones returned top Huish Park for The Glovers next fixture which was against Brighton. In a pretty ordinary game upset by a fussy referee both sides had the opportunity to pick up all three points but neither managed to as the game petered out into a goalless draw.

But the point was a priceless one for the Glovers being their home SkyBet Championship point.

If the Brighton match had been boring, dull and goalless then the next match was certainly the opposite.

Our old foes Nottingham Forest were the visitors and a 7612 crowd enjoyed the first home league victory of the season.

Yeovil were quick out of the traps and a great opening goal from Ed Upson had Forest reeling as early as the 8th. minute.

Shane Duffy upended Simon Cox on fifteen minutes in the box but Wayne Hennessy was in fine form saving Cox’s spot kick and then in the 40th. minute Ed Upson got his second with a superb strike from 25 yards out.

Yeovil were really flying but Chalaboh pulled a goal back for Forest in the 42nd minute but The Glovers soon restored the two goal margin when Byron Webster headed in from a corner.

Forest picked up in the second half but poor finishing and stout defending from Yeovil made sure they retained their lead for a fine way to end off the month.

So as October slipped into November Yeovil Town went into the new month in a much happier frame of mind.