16th May 2014


With six games scheduled for the month and the general upheaval that Christmas brings with it, over five and half thousand turned up on a Tuesday night for the visit of Paul Ince’s Blackpool.

Ince, just back from a stadium and touchline ban, was his usual vocal self as his side struggled to get to grips with a resurgent Yeovil Town.

On loan John Lundstram, from Everton, had put The Glovers ahead after 21 minutes and the home side only had a slight wobble midway through the second half.

As the game entered added time though, all hell let loose when referee Sarginson sent off three Blackpool players-Broadfoot, Fuller and McKenzie.

A second three points was secured as Yeovil went tantalisingly close to getting out of the bottom three.

The following Saturday saw Charlton Athletic the visitors and as they rushed into a two goal first half lead, through goals from former Man Utd loanee Cameron Stewart and Jonnie Jackson, things looked pretty dismal at half time.

But a rousing half time talk from Gary Johnson saw a brighter second half performance from The Glovers.

A 72nd. minute own goal from Morrison and an Ishmael Miller penalty four minutes later restored parity as Yeovil went three games unbeaten.

Yorkshire was next on the agenda with a trip to Oakwell to play Barnsley.

Joel Grant gave Yeovil an early lead but Marcus Tudgay equalised from the spot for the home side as Yeovil once again let a lead slip away in a largely uninspiring game.

As Christmas got ever closer big hitters Blackburn Rovers were the next visitors to Huish Park and a single goal from Jordan Rhodes (who else?) on the hour, was enough to secure the three points for the visitors but once again “Little Old Yeovil” had not looked out of place against the former Premier League Champions.

Anyone expecting any presents for Christmas though was, I’m afraid, in for a rude awakening as AFC Bournemouth savaged Yeovil 3-0.

All the goals came in the second half with a brace for Matt Ritchie and one for O’Kane.

After the game manager Gary Johnson was far from happy with the performance of his players keeping them in the dressing room after the match for what seemed an eternity.

After the Boxing Day defeat things didn’t get any better with a long trip up to Huddersfield.

It did start well though as Ishmael Miller slotted home as early as the 14th. minute to give the Glovers an early lead.

But goals from Clayton, Paterson and Lynch soon put The Glovers in their place and a brace from Ward in the second half led to a very miserable end of the month after such an inspiring start to the month.