8th October 2016
The Glovers kept a second consecutive clean sheet to see of the Buckinghamshire outfit and end a run of two defeats in Sky Bet League Two.
After a relatively timid start to proceedings, the Glovers went close through Nathan Smith and Alex Lacey, before Ryan Hedges broke the deadlock after 36 minutes.
Alex Lawless’ thundering effort from outside the box could only be tipped onto the post, with Hedges in the right place at the right time to net his second goal of the season. 
Darren Way made three changes from the side which drew 0-0 before losing on penalties to Bristol Rovers in the Checkatrade Trophy in mid-week, re-introducing Artur Krysiak between the sticks for Jonny Maddison, Kevin Dawson for Ben Whitfield and captain Darren Ward in place of the ill Ryan Dickson. 
Town were also left without Liam Shephard, Matt Butcher, Tom Eaves and Francois Zoko (all through injury), with young attacker Ollie Bassett away on international duty with the Northern Ireland Under-19 squad.
Still searching for their first win on the road this season, Wycombe frustrated Town in the opening exchanges of the first half by putting numbers behind the ball and stifling the Glovers’ attack. 
The Chairboys’ outlook led to a quickly forgettable opening 20 minutes, before left-back Smith tested the reflexes of travelling ‘keeper Jamal Blackman. 
Smith’s low shot after cutting inside from the left was well palmed away by the Wanderers stopper, with the resulting corner – which was initially missed by Blackman – fortuitously falling into his arms after cannoning off of Smith. 
Set-pieces continued to be Yeovil’s most dangerous outlet as Lacey headed a Matty Dolan corner just over the bar after 32 minutes, as Town ramped up the pressure on Gareth Ainsworth’s side. 
Wycombe then spurned their best chance of the half when Garry Thompson sprung the offside trap, only to scuff an effort wide of the target when under pressure from Lacey.
The pressure told just four minutes later however, as Yeovil broke a resilient Wycombe defence to take the lead. 
Lawless’ fierce strike from 25 yards was brilliantly tipped onto the post by Blackman at full-stretch, but Hedges had followed in well to tap in the rebound from close range. 
Boosted by taking the lead, Yeovil almost added a second before the break when Otis Khan did well to jink his way to the by-line, with his low cross narrowly evading Tahvon Campbell and Hedges in the middle. 
Neither side made changes during the interval and it was Way’s side who continued to press after the restart. 
Khan continued to cause Michael Harriman a headache down Wycombe’s right flank, with Dolan pulling the strings efficiently in midfield for the hosts.
Unable to trouble Artur Krysiak, Wycombe opted for a different outlet just past the hour mark when the physicality of Adebayo Akinfenwa was introduced up front in place of Thompson. 
And it was Akinfenwa’s hold-up play inside the Glovers half that led to Danny Rowe placing a side-footed effort wide of Krysiak’s goal, before Joe Jacobson fired a 25-yard free-kick over the bar after 74 minutes.
Yeovil still looked a threat going forward and came close to adding a second inside the final ten minute.
Bevis Mugabi’s inch-perfect pass down the flank found Hedges who, after twisting and turning, found Dolan at the back post which the Town midfielder was unable to turn on target.
Wycombe through caution to the wind in the closing stages and bombarded the Yeovil box with high balls, but Way’s side stood the test to claim a second win in a row at home and end a run of two defeats in League Two. 
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Mugabi, Ward, Lacey, Smith; Dawson, Lawless, Dolan; Hedges, Campbell, Khan (Whitfield 86’). 
Subs not used: Maddison, Ezewele, Copp, Lea, Sowunmi, McLeod. 
Wycombe Wanderers: Blackman; Harriman, Stewart, Pierre, Jacobson (Freeman 82’); Thompson (Akinfenwa 65’), Rowe, Gape (Bloomfield 71’), Wood; Cowan-Hall, Hayes.
Subs not used: Richardson, Jombati, McGinn, De Havilland.