28th January 2017
Fresh from scoring nine goals in their last three matches, Donny took the lead after 31 minutes courtesy of a close range Mathieu Baudry finish. 
Darren Ferguson’s side doubled their advantage just five minutes later, with John Marquis rounding off a rapid counter-attack with a calm finish.
The Glovers offered more of a threat after the break as Tom Eaves hit the post and Ben Whitfield produced a fine save from Ian Lawlor, before a second Marquis strike put the game beyond doubt inside the final 10 minutes.
Darren Way made one change to the side that came away from Blackpool with a 2-2 draw last weekend in Sky Bet League Two. 
Alex Lacey replaced Ryan Dickson who suffered concussion at Bloomfield Road, with Nathan Smith shifting across to left-back to accommodate the central defender. 
Sticking with the 4-3-1-2 formation which crafted two goals in Lancashire, it was Town who notched the first shot of the game inside the opening five minutes.
Finding space between Donny’s midfield and defence, Matty Dolan drove towards the box before watching his rasping effort fly a few yards wide of the target.
However, unbeaten in seven matches and sitting top of the pile, the Yorkshire outfit soon demonstrated why they’re leading the charge in League Two. 
Flowing in the final third, Tommy Rowe had a shot deflected into the arms of Artur Krysiak, before the infamous Andy Williams, returning to Huish Park once again, had an attempted lob claimed by Town’s Polish stopper inside the opening 20 minutes.
Comfortably the highest scorers in the division, James Coppinger cannoned an effort off the post from 20 yards before the deadlock was broken just past the half-hour mark. 
From a deep free-kick, Rowe’s in-swinging ball landed tantalisingly six yards from goal, with defender Baudry on hand to stab home. 
Before the Glovers could regroup the visitors’ lead was doubled courtesy of 16-goal striker Marquis.
Having caught Town on the break, the effervescent Coppinger picked out Marquis wide on the right, who then expertly picked out the bottom corner when through on goal.
Yeovil’s rearguard held firm until the break, with Way introducing Ben Whitfield at half-time as Town switched to the more familiar 4-3-3.  
The hosts almost had an ideal start to the second period when Tom Eaves’ knockdown picked out Omar Sowunmi, but Baudry slid in to take the ball off the striker’s toes with a shot pending. 
Keen to put the result to bed the action was soon at the other end as Rovers pressed for a third. 
In a growing battle, Williams was denied again by Krysiak twice in quick succession to add to a frustrating individual afternoon for Donny’s striker. 
The former Glover firstly saw a curling effort brilliantly tipped around the post before having a shot from just inside the box pushed away from danger by the Yeovil ‘keeper.
Knowing goals had to come soon, Town introduced Shayon Harrison for Sowunmi just before the hour-mark to produce a front three of Harrison, Eaves and Zoko. 
The Glovers gung-ho approach almost bared fruits just minutes later, as Dawson’s whipped-in cross was turned goalwards by a diving Eaves header only to come back off the base of the post. 
That meant Yeovil have now hit the woodwork in each of their last three league matches at Huish Park, suggesting luck is one absentee from Huish Park in recent weeks.
However, Way’s side could count themselves slightly fortunate as the game ticked towards the final 20 minutes when the usually clinical Coppinger fired wide with the goal gaping inside the box. 
As the game ticked towards the final 10 minutes Whitfield had a free-kick destined for the top corner clawed away by Lawlor, before Rovers confirmed victory on 81 minutes.
The prolific Marquis twisted and turned in the box before coolly finding the bottom corner once again to round off an impressive display. 
With the points confirmed Donny expertly closed out the final few minutes to record their fifth straight victory, as Yeovil slumped to just a second home defeat since October in disappointing circumstances. 
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard, Ward, Lacey, Smith; Dawson, Butcher (Whitfield 45’), Dolan; Zoko; Sowunmi (Harrison 57’), Eaves.
Bookings: Butcher 30’
Subs not used: Maddison, James, Mugabi, Bassett, Goodship.
Doncaster Rovers: Lawlor; Baudry, Butler Mason; Blair (Alcock 73’), Houghton, Grant, Rowe; Coppinger (Middleton 73’); Marquis, Williams.
Bookings: Baudry 79’
Subs not used: Etheridge, Wright, Keegan, Longbottom, Mandeville.