29th October 2016
In a tight affair in Somerset, both sides produced opportunities to break the deadlock, but had to settled for a share of the spoils as Town achieved a fifth consecutive cleansheet and moved up to 11th in League Two.
Darren Way stuck with the same starting eleven for a third match in a row having yielded nine points from their previous three fixtures, with Bevis Mugabi retaining his spot at right-back and Tahvon Campbell continuing to lead the line for Town. 
Yeovil had plenty of attacking options on their bench, with Francois Zoko, Izale McLeod and top scorer Tom Eaves all at Way’s disposal, with the Green and Whites looking to make it four wins on the bounce. 
After a minute’s silence to remember servicemen both past and present as part of Town’s remembrance for the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal, Huish Park burst into noise inside five minutes when the visitors felt they should have won a penalty. 
Mariners top scorer Omar Bogle drove into the box before going down under the challenge of Darren Ward, only for a goal-kick to be given to the surprise of many inside the ground. 
League Two’s second top scorer enjoyed a lively start to proceedings in Somerset, forcing Artur Krysiak to tip over the bar with a fierce shot from range after 12 minutes, before firing an effort just wide from the edge of the box 10 minutes later.
Fielding a settled starting eleven for a third consecutive match, Way was forced into making a change after 24 minutes when Campbell picked up an injury, calling Eaves into action midway through the first half. 
With opportunities at a premium Otis Khan and Ryan Hedges both had shots from the edge of the box blocked, before Grimsby’s James Berrett went into the referee’s book for simulation after going down too easily inside the box. 
After a largely scrappy remainder of the first period, Town manufactured their best opportunity of the match just before the break through the workmanship of substitute Eaves. 
The Glovers frontman hustled Grimsby right-back Zac Mills into a mistake allowing Eaves to drive towards goal on the by-line, only for his pull-back to be taken off the toe of Khan by Danny Collins with the goal begging. 
After a tepid opening 45 minutes, Grimsby were first to register an attempt on goal after the break with former Glover James Berrett firing high and wide of the target from a good position inside the box. 
The Mariners went close again on the 50 minute mark when Collins headed Luke Summerfield’s free-kick just over the bar, before Town produced their best chance of the match so far.
Khan rampaged to the by-line on the left-hand side before firing a wicked ball across goal, with a sliding Hedges only inches away from applying the finishing touch at the back post.
The Glovers continued to apply pressure on the visiting goal and went close twice in quick succession minutes later. 
Matty Dolan’s whipped corner made its way through a number of bodies in the box before hitting a surprised Alex Lawless, with the ball somehow being hacked clear from the Mariners six-yard box. 
Moments later another inch perfect delivery – this time from Khan – fell to Eaves in the box, but the Town striker couldn’t get the ball out of his feet to get a shot away from close range. 
Sensing a shift in momentum Way introduced Zoko for Khan just past the hour mark, a change which almost produced an immediate impact. 
From a Dolan corner Zoko looped a header at the back post goalwards, only for his effort to land on the roof of the net with Mariners ‘keeper James McKeown seemingly beaten. 
With the game still missing a goal both sides pressed in the final 10 minutes, with Krysiak having to be alert to get down low to his right to get a strong wrist to Berrett’s effort from the edge of the box after 80 minutes. 
Grimsby wrung the changes in the closing stages and seemed happy to settle for a point getting numbers behind the ball, frustrating the Glovers who pressed for a winner in the closing stages. 
Unable to find a way to open the scoring Way’s side had to settle for a point at Huish Park, extending their unbeaten run to four matches in League Two and picking up a fifth consecutive cleansheet in all competitions, as the Green and Whites moved into the top half of the table. 
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Mugabi, Ward, Lacey, Smith; Dawson, Lawless, Dolan; Hedges, Campbell (Eaves 24’), Khan (Zoko 63’).
Bookings: Lawless 29’, Mugabi 37’, Smith 50’.
Subs not used: Maddison, Shephard, Dickson, Whitfield, McLeod. 
Grimsby Town: McKeown; Mills, Collins, Gowling, Andrew; Bolarinwa (Brown 82’), Disley (Comley 78’), Summerfield, Berrett; Bogle, Vernon (Jackson 86’). 
Bookings: Berrett 29’.
Subs not used: Henderson, Boyce, Pearson, Vose, Jackson.