19th April 2016

Yeovil Town travelled to take play-off chasing Wycombe Wanderers and returned to Somerset with a well earned point following a 0-0 draw.

Leroy Lita earned a start following his goal in the 2-1 defeat to Bristol Rovers and was joined in a front three by Francois Zoko and Tahvon Campbell.

Town started brightly and could have opened the scoring after ten minutes. Superb hold up play by Campbell saw him lay the ball off to Zoko, who left the ball following a shout by Roberts. The Swansea loanee found himself inside the area with just Allsop to beat, but the shot stopper made a fine save to deny the young Welshman.

Five minutes later the home side once again had Allsop to thank for keeping the scores level. Strikers Zoko and Lita linked up well just outside the area with the former battling through the Wycombe back line to fire a shot at goal, but Allsop was again on hand to make a good save with his body.

Just after the half hour mark the home side had their first shot on goal when Michael Harriman found himself in the Town area, he let fly with a venomous left-footed shot, but Krysiak was equal to the effort and tipped his shot wide of the post.

Two minutes into the second half the home side thought they had taken the lead when Marcus Bean let fly with a half-volley from 25-yards, but with everyone expecting the net to ripple Town’s keeper pulled off a superb save to tip the ball over the bar.

From the resulting corner Krysiak made another fine save to tip a header around the post.

On 55 minutes Allsop was again called into action to deny Town. The home side failed to clear a deep free kick from Dolan, the loose ball fell to Dickson on the edge of the area but his left-footed volley was tipped over by the Wycombe number one.

With ten minutes to go Wycombe forced a corner on their right, which was whipped in onto the head of defender Pierre, but his header was cleared off the line by Dickson. Town broke quickly with Cornick crossing to Roberts, but the right-back’s effort was miss queued and the home side managed to clear.

With three minutes signaled by the fourth official the home side were denied again by Krysiak in the Town goal.

With less than 30 seconds of the three minutes remaining sub Ryan Bird latched onto a mistake to race clear. He crossed to fellow sub Marc Laird, but the midfielders effort somehow went wide of the target.