18th April 2015

On a delightfully sunny day in Swindon, Yeovil Town ruined a number of accumulator bets by beating the highflying Robins.

A second half strike from James Berrett just before the hour mark was enough to secure Paul Sturrock’s second win in two games.

Manager Sturrock made two changes from the starting eleven that beat Sheffield United on Tuesday evening.

Sam Foley missed the trip with a hamstring injury and was replaced by Seth Twumasi. Gozie Ugwu dropped to the bench and was replaced up front by Joel Grant.

The home side began the first half brightly and were passing the ball around nicely and should have taken the lead on 17 minutes when former Town loanee Obika latched onto a defensive mistake only to put his shot into the side netting when he had the entire goal at his mercy.

Swindon had the majority of the possession during the opening stages but the Town defense was standing firm with Webster making a vital block from a Goodwin shot.

It was Goodwin though who had the best chance to open the scoring for the home side when he found himself in space on the edge of the area to curl the ball towards the far corner. With Krysiak scrambling across his goal and the home fans cheering the ball bounced back off the upright.

It took until the 41st minute for Town to test Foderingham in the Swindon goal. Kieffer Moore met a deep corner from Josh Sheehan at the back post but the Swindon number one brilliantly saved his goal bound header.

The Glovers started the second period the brighter of the two sides and had the first chance of the second half.

Good build up on the right saw Shephard’s cross fall at the feet of fellow Swansea loanee Sheehan, but he couldn’t quite find the final touch to make it 1-0.

Just moments later Town did take the lead. After neat build up Berrett picked up the ball 30 yards out from goal. The former Carlisle man let fly with his right foot to beat Foderingham.

Just after the hour mark Town had Sheehan to thank for a miraculous clearance off the line to deny Michael Smith.

With just over ten minutes to go and with the home side throwing men forward, the Glovers were relying on quick breaks and almost doubled the lead from a break.

Grant held the ball up well on the right and found the onrushing Sheehan, but the Welshman’s shot went just wide of the upright.

Despite the home side throwing everything at the Town, the back three held firm to secure all three points for the men in yellow and green.