15th November 2016
After a goalless 90 minutes Francois Zoko put the Glovers ahead with a stunning strike after 93 minutes, but Moors were level six minutes later courtesy of a dubious penalty which Akwasi Asante converted. 
With neither side able to find a winner the game went to penalties, with Moors perfect from the spot to punish Yeovil and claim a famous win at Damson Park to end Town’s cup campaign. 
Darren Way made three changes to the side that drew 2-2 with Stevenage in Sky Bet League Two at the weekend, but just one from the eleven who lined up against the Moors at Huish Park. 
With Nathan Smith suspended Ryan Dickson came into the side at left-back, whilst Kevin Dawson returned from suspension in place of Matt Butcher. Alongside the Irishman in midfield, Ben Whitfield returned to the starting line-up at the cost of Bevis Mugabi, after his last minute heroics at the Lamex Stadium on Saturday.
Dubbed as the biggest game in their history before kick-off, Solihull began the clash with the vigour you’d expect in an Emirates FA Cup replay, with Jamey Osborne and Shepherd Murombedzi both with off-target shots early on. 
The Glovers engineered opportunities of their own in the opening quarter of an hour with Darren Ward firing over the bar from a quickly worked free-kick before Whitfield’s goal-bound volley was blocked well inside the box after great play from Dawson. 
Moors striker Andy Brown fired straight at Artur Krysiak from range as the hosts looked to cause an FA Cup upset, but Yeovil continued to create the better chances in the first half. 
From a well-worked short corner Tom Eaves had a header at the back-post cleared off the line before Otis Khan had a curling effort after cutting inside tipped over the bar by Moors ‘keeper Nathan Vaughan. 
In drizzly conditions at Damson Park neither side was able to dominate proceedings before the break, although Town looked the most likely to break the deadlock – notably through Matty Dolan’s set-pieces which were wreaking havoc in the Solihull box. 
The Glovers continued on the front foot after the break but couldn’t find a way past a resolute Moors defence.
As the game opened up, Omari Sterling-James couldn’t find the target from the angle after a quick counter-attack, before the Glovers engineered their best opportunity of the half.
Khan’s pull-back from the by-line found Whitfield six yards out, but his effort at the near-post was kept out by a combination of Vaughan and the post.
As the prospect extra-time drew closer Town introduced Francois Zoko and Matt Butcher for Khan and Whitfield, switching to a 4-4-2 formation. 
However, sensing an upset the hosts finished the regular 90 minutes the stronger, with Krysiak producing two stunning saves at the death to deny Omari Sterling-James and Liam Daly to force extra-time at Damson Park. 
With another 30 minutes of action to come in the West Midlands the visitors wasted no time in taking the lead just three minutes after the restart. 
Substitute Zoko picked up the ball just inside the Moors half, drove at the back four before cannoning an effort from 20 yards in off the crossbar to give the League Two outfit the league.
Buoyed by taking the lead the Glovers immediately could’ve doubled their advantage. Neat footwork from Zoko led to Hedges racing through on goal, but the Swansea loanee couldn’t find the empty net after rounding substitute ‘keeper Danny Lewis with the ball running out of play. 
Minutes later Town were made to pay for the missed opportunity as the Moors were awarded a dubious penalty. Sterling-James went down in the box with Shephard adjudged to have fouled the winger – Akwasi Asante made no mistake from the spot to level the scores.
With plenty of players pulling up with injuries and cramp, neither side were able to generate much by way of goal scoring opportunity, although Hedges saw a cross cannon off of the post with virtually the last kick of the game, as penalties were needed to separate the two sides.
In the lottery of the penalty shoot-out Dickson and Eaves both failed to score to give Solihull a 4-2 win on penalties and a spot in Round Two of the Emirates FA Cup where they’ll travel to Luton Town.
For Town, their unbeaten run of eight games was brought to an end along with their hopes of progressing in the world’s oldest domestic cup competition, with Colchester United next up at Huish Park on Saturday in Sky Bet League Two.
Solihull Moors: Vaughan (Lewis 67’); Fagbola, Daly, Gough; Murombedzi, Byrne, Osborne, Knights, Franklin; Brown (Asante 96’), Sterling-James.
Bookings: Osborne 78’, Asante 99’, Daly 113’.
Subs not used: Koue Niate, White, Hayden, Dielna.
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard, Ward, Lacey, Dickson; Dawson, Dolan, Whitfield (Butcher 77’); Hedges, Eaves, Khan (Zoko 77’).
Bookings: Butcher 89’, Zoko 97’.
Subs not used: Maddison, Ezewele, Mugabi, Campbell, Sowunmi.