1st October 2016
Unbeaten in eight league fixtures the hosts were frustrated by a well-drilled and organised Glovers side in the opening half an hour, before striker Jimmy Spencer broke the deadlock. 
The Argyle frontman twisted and turned in the box before curling an effort into the top corner from the right hand side of the box to give Derek Adams’ side the lead.
Their advantage was doubled minutes before half-time when Jake Jervis’ effort from the 18-yard-line cruelly deflected in off of the hapless Alex Lacey. 
Town responded almost immediately however when captain Darren Ward a got a goal back just before the break after the visitors recycled play from a Matty Dolan corner effectively. 
Yeovil piled on the pressure after the break and came within inches of equalising through Smith and McLeod chances, before the table toppers made it 3-1 through Graham Carey with a little under 20 minutes remaining. 
The hosts added a cruel fourth late on when Jervis netted his second after Carey beat the offside trap to send Town back to Somerset empty handed. 
After defeat in midweek away from home at Cambridge United, Darren Way made three changes to the side introducing Alex Lawless, Ryan Dickson and Izale McLeod in place of Ryan Hedges, Otis Khan and Tom Eaves. 
Top scorer Eaves missed out through injury, as Town deployed Nathan Smith and Kevin Dawson in the wide positions with Dickson slotting in at left-back after returning from an ankle injury. 
Visiting a rampant Argyle outfit, the more conservative 4-5-1 formation contained the Pilgrims effectively in the opening half an hour, restricting the hosts to long range efforts. 
From which, Krysiak parried efforts from Carey and Spencer away from danger, whilst at the other end Lawless had the ball pinched from the end of his toe after Liam Shephard did well to slide the ball across goal from the by-line. 
Seemingly heading to the break goalless Plymouth took the lead on 39 minutes with a moment of individual skill. 
Spencer wriggled into an inch of space inside the box and found the top corner with aplomb, before Jervis doubled their lead four minutes later when his shot fortuitously glanced off of Lacey away from the grasp of Krysiak into the Town goal. 
With the home fans still celebrating their 2-0 lead Yeovil snatched a goal straight back from a Dolan corner. 
Argyle failed to clear the danger and after good work from McLeod – who recycled the ball to Dolan on the right – Ward was on hand to slide the ball home from close range from the midfielder’s inch-perfect cross. 
Despite trailing, momentum stayed with the Glovers after the break and they could’ve been level before the 50 minute mark. 
Firstly, Lawless had a shot from the edge of the box tipped around the post for a corner, before Smith came within inches of putting Town back on level terms.
After recycling possession from Dolan’s resultant corner, the midfielder swung in a tantalising secondary ball which Smith could only head wide from close range. 
Way introduced Hedges just before the hour mark as Yeovil searched for an equaliser and they continued to threaten McCormick’s goal. 
The visitors earned a corner after McLeod and Hedges engineered a swift counter-attack and after failing to clear their lines from the set-piece, McLeod had a half-volley from close range somehow deflected inches wide of Argyle’s far post. 
With a Glovers equaliser seeming the most likely, the Pilgrims struck a punishing third on 71 minutes thanks to Carey. 
The attacking midfielder dribbled his way to 25 yards from goal before curling an effort past the Town stopper with a top-quality finish. 
Tahvon Campbell replaced McLeod for the final 15 minutes but as Town pushed numbers forward, Krysiak had to be on hand to save from a Spencer effort after Hedges initially did well to slow down Jervis’ counter-attack. 
Despite their efforts Yeovil conceded a harsh fourth on 86 minutes as Jervis netted his second of the match, confirming Town would leave Devon empty handed ruing missed chances with the score at 2-1. 
Plymouth Argyle: McCormick; Miller, Bulvitis, Bradley, Purrington; Jervis, Songo’o, Fox (Threlkeld 77’), Carey (Goodwillie 88′), Donaldson (Tanner 82’); Spencer.
Bookings: Fox 6’, Tanner 85’. 
Subs not used: Dorel, Smith, Slew, Ijaha.
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard (Mugabi 68’), Ward, Lacey, Dickson (Hedges 58’); Dawson, Lawless, Butcher, Dolan Smith, McLeod (Campbell 75’). 
Bookings: Smith 35’, Hedges 62’, Dawson 67’.
Subs not used: Maddison, Whitfield, Khan, Sowunmi.