25th February 2017
In a match devoid of real opportunities Artur Krysiak was only called into action once in the second half with a relatively routine save, whilst Alex Lawless almost earned the Glovers all three points late on but for a smart save. 
Darren Way made two changes to the side that went down 2-0 at Cheltenham Town last weekend, as well as switching to a 3-5-2 formation in Nottinghamshire. 
Alex Lacey and Bevis Mugabi came into a newly formed back three, in place of Darren Ward (knee) and Tom Eaves who dropped to the bench. 
The pairing of Francois Zoko and Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro were preferred up front to the Scouser, with Liam Shephard and Ryan Dickson pushing forward to operate as wing-backs.
As the drizzle that accompanied the pre-match warmup dissipated with the referee’s whistle at three o’clock, it marked a relatively uneventful start to proceedings. 
The Magpies edged the opening exchanges in terms of possession, but couldn’t successfully threaten a Glovers defence which had quickly adjusted to life in a 3-5-2 formation.
Whilst Town’s new setup was tested defensively, it took almost 20 minutes for the visitors to threaten Adam Collin’s goal. 
Matty Dolan saw a speculative 25-yard half-volley fly wide before Akpa Akpro couldn’t quite direct a tempting Kevin Dawson cross towards goal. 
At the end, the experienced Shola Ameobi caused havoc with his presence, whilst Jorge Grant saw a nonchalant flick from a corner drift over the bar.
After enjoying a spell of pressure the Magpies dropped off with the game becoming evenly contested for the remainder of the half, as Yeovil enjoyed more territory. 
From which, a misdirected Mugabi header and off-target Shephard free-kick sandwiched a Mark Yeates effort into the arms of Krysiak, as the opening 45 minutes drew to a close.
On an ever-depreciating pitch at Meadow Lane the match became increasingly scrappy in the second half, as both sides battled for both possession and territory. 
It took almost 15 minutes for the half to come to life when Grant saw his shot from the angle deflected into the side-netting by Dickson. 
That opportunity roused the 6,900 home supporters and they were even more vociferous when Krysiak could only parry Yeates’ curling effort from inside the box, with Lawless on hand to tidy up.
As the game ticked into the last 15 minutes Way introduced Tom Eaves for Akpa Akpro as the Glovers looked to add attacking potency to their defensive resoluteness. 
Despite the alteration, Town had to remain on their rear-guard to deal with a bombardment of crosses which the trio of Mugabi, Lacey and Butcher dealt with imperiously. 
But, as the game ticked into the 89th minute the visitors were almost rewarded for their strong defensive effort from by the unlikely source of Lawless.
Town’s holding midfielder picked up a loose ball in the box, drove past a County defender before seeing his left-footed shot tipped over by Collin. 
That was as good as it got for either side in the closing stages, as the Magpies maintained their unbeaten run at home in 2017 and Town picked up yet another point on the road.
Notts County: Collin; Clackstone, Hewitt, Hollis, Bola; Grant, Milsom, O’Connor, Yeates (Campbell 84’); Stead, Ameobi.
Bookings: Clackstone 87’.
Subs not used: Loach, Dickinson, Smith, Forte, Thompson, Audel.
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Mugabi, Lacey, Butcher; Shephard, Dawson, Lawless, Dolan, Dickson; Zoko (Harrison 88’), Akpa Akpro (Eaves 75’). 
Bookings: Dawson 45’.
Subs not used: Maddison, James, Whitfield, Goodship, Sowunmi.