2nd February 2016

Yeovil Town travelled to face former Glover Nathan Jones’ Luton Town and returned home with a well earned point.

The Glovers took the lead in the second half through Liam Walsh before being pegged back by a stunning strike from Alan Sheehan with ten minutes to go.

Town made one change from the team that beat AFC Wimbledon on Saturday. With Shaun Jeffers departing on loan to Woking, manager Darren Way selected the fit again Harry the left of Cornick in to start on a front three.

In a quiet opening 20 minutes both sides didn’t really test either keeper. Krysiak had to gather a long range shot at the second attempt after the ball bounced just in front of the Polish shot stopper.

At the other end, Town’s first shot came from the returning Cornick when he struck a half-volley that keeper Justham gathered easily.

Just before the half time interval Cornick stung the palms of Justham with a shot from 20 yards. The Luton stopper parried the shot in front himself but former Town loanee Jake Howells cleared away whilst under pressure from Compton, who was adjudged offside following the fumble.

The biggest cheer of the first half was heard for referee Mr Miller when he tackled Matty Dolan, just as the midfielder was going to unleash a left footed strike at goal.

The home side ended the first period on the front foot with crosses coming from both wings, but the Glovers held firm to end the first half level at 0-0.

Town made their first change of the match after 49 minutes when Cornick was replaced by Kevin Dawson.

Five minutes into the second half and the home side managed to get a clear shot at goal when Alex Lawless broke through the back line following a neat through ball from Mackail-Smith, but Krysiak was quick off his line to save the shot.

Town were dealt a blow when Krysiak was forced off the field after he picked up a knock when trying to gather a Luton corner. The Town number one was replaced by Chris Weale.

The Glovers took the lead on 70 minutes when loanee Walsh slotted home from 12 yards. The youngster, who has impressed since joining on loan from Premier League side Everton had his initial shot blocked in the area, but his persistence paid off when the loose ball fell to his feet and he slotted home, much to the delight of the 132 travelljng fans.

Just moments later Town nearly doubled their lead when Jack Compton let fly from just outside of the area, but was denied by Justham.

With just under 10 minutes of the match remaining the home side drew level. A corner from the Luton left was collected by Sheehan at the back post. The defender’s volley from the corner of the box left Weale with no chance as it nestled in the top corner of the goal.

With seven minutes signaled by the fourth official the home side started to press for a winner and it nearly came deep into injury time. Cameron McGeehan pounced on a fumble by Weale, but thankfully his effort hit the post and Town managed to clear.