14th March 2015

Town travelled to fellow strugglers Leyton Orient and returned to Huish Park empty handed after a 3-0 defeat at Brisbane Road.

Terry Skiverton made two changes to his starting eleven. Joe Edwards returned to skipper the side and Stephen Kingsley also returned after receiving the all clear on a facial injury. Kieffer Moore dropped to the bench with Stephen Arthurworrey missing out completely due to Town having over the allocation of loan players in their ranks.

The home side had the dream start when they took the lead after just three minutes. Good footwork by Jobi McAnuff saw him find room for Dagnall, who made no mistake in firing across Loach and into the far corner of the net.

Their dream start got even better just four minutes later when they doubled their advantage. Former Liverpool man Andrea Dossena’s shot/cross fell the the feet of Hedges, who had the simplest of tasks of picking his spot and placing the ball home from eight yards to make it 2-0.

The O’s could have made it three just after the 15-minute mark if it wasn’t for the finger tips of Scott Loach. Striker Henderson’s curling effort looked goal bound only for the on loan shot stopper to produce a fine save to tip the ball on to the post.

Moments later the home side hit the post again. A jinking run on the right wing resulted in McAnuff’s shot being saved well by the feet of Loach and from the rebound Dagnall’s effort rebounded off the post and away to safety.

Just before the half time interval Town again had Loach to thank for keeping the score at 2-0 when he saved well to deny Marvin Bartley with a fine diving stop.

Town started the second half much brighter and forced Cisak in the Orient goal into a couple of saves. The best chance fell to Grant after skipper Edwards found the Jamaican with a smart pass inside the area. The winger’s shot was well saved by Cisak.

Just two minutes later the home side made it 3-0 when a McAnuff was found in acres of room inside the area after a direct run by Henderson. The former Watford man made no mistake in sweeping home from just inside the area.

With 67 minutes in the clock the home side could have made it 4-0 but Dagnall’s fierce shot was well saved by Loach.

In the last minute and from a Town corner the home side broke away to try and score a fourth but Berrett was on hand to head over for a corner.