22nd October 2016
After a goalless opening 45 minutes, the Glovers dominated proceedings in the second half and took the lead just past the hour mark courtesy of a stunning Matty Dolan free-kick. 
Crewe hit the bar twice on either side of half-time through Chris Dagnall, but couldn’t find a way past a resolute Town who continue their march up the League Two table with a fifth win in seven games.
Darren Way stuck with the starting eleven which made it three consecutive wins at Huish Park last weekend with a 1-0 win over Newport County, making just one change on the bench with Liam Shephard fit and able to return to the squad in place of Josh Ezewele.
On a sunny Cheshire afternoon, it was the hosts who registered the first meaningful attempt on goal when Chris Dagnall found space from a Crewe corner to force Krysiak into a smart block from the angle, as the Railwaymen enjoyed a succession of corners inside the opening five minutes.
Town’s most likely outlet in the opening exchanges looked to be Otis Khan, who troubled his opposite man on a number of occasions in the opening quarter of an hour.
Despite that, George Cooper header over the bar from Dagnall’s knockdown before Alex Kiwomya’s through ball found captain Ryan Lowe, but Krysiak was quick off of his line to bravely jump at the striker’s feet and smother the danger. 
In an end-to-end first period the Glovers almost took the lead on 21 minutes. Tahvon Campbell capitalised on a misplaced backpass to turn Harry Davis just inside the box, before seeing a shot from the angle ripple the side netting. 
That chance sparked an immediate response from the Railwaymen as Lowe again managed to find space through on goal but Town’s Polish ‘keeper was on hand once again to save, this time with his feet.
As the game drew towards half-time Steve Davis’ side finally beat Krysiak but were then left frustrated by the crossbar after Dagnall drove at the back four before trying an effort from the edge of the box.
Alex Lawless forced Ben Garratt into a relatively routine save on the stroke of half-time with a low drive from 25 yards, ending a first period full of attacking intent from both sides.
Refreshed from the break Yeovil immediately caused havoc in the final third, forcing Garratt into a smart save after 49 minutes.
Campbell swivelled and fired at goal from 25 yards with a nasty bounce in front of the Crewe ‘keeper forcing him into to tip it around the post for a corner. 
Way’s side continued their bright start to the second half with Dawson and Lawless moving the ball around effectively in midfield, before Khan curled an effort just wide of the target after 53 minutes. 
Growing in confidence, Town introduced top scorer Tom Eaves just before the hour mark in place of Campbell and minutes later the visitors took the lead.
Ryan Hedges was brought down 25 yards from goal in a central position and from the resulting free-kick Matty Dolan found the bottom right-hand corner with a pinpoint strike which left Garratt with no chance.
On a high after taking the lead, Town almost added a second three minutes later when Kevin Dawson tried a low drive from 20 yards, but the Irishman’s strike skipped just wide of the target. 
The Glovers continued to dominate proceedings after taking the lead, threatening in the final third whilst frustrating the Railwaymen with a dogged defensive display at the other end. 
With the home crowd growing in displeasure Dagnall hit the bar for a second time after 78 minutes, with the striker’s looping header from substitute Callum Ainley’s cross coming back off the woodwork. 
The Railwaymen committed men forward late on but it was Town who almost added a second when substitute Francois Zoko prodded a Dolan free-kick goalwards inside the final 10 minutes. 
Dolan’s strike was worthy of winning any match and with Crewe unable to mount a meaningful response, the midfielder’s effort was enough for Yeovil to return to Somerset with all three points for a third consecutive match in League Two, continuing the Glovers rise up the table. 
Crewe Alexandra: Garratt; Turton, Davis, Guthrie, Bakayogo; Cooper, Bingham (Jones 58’), Hollands (Ainley 74’), Kiwomya; Lowe, Dagnall.
Bookings: Dagnall 2’
Subs not used: Richards, Nugent, Udoh, Ng, Lowery.
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Mugabi, Ward, Lacey, Smith; Dawson, Lawless, Dolan; Hedges, Campbell (Eaves 59’), Khan (Zoko 75’).
Bookings: Khan 25’
Subs not used: Maddison, Dickson, Shephard, Whitfield, McLeod.