1st November 2014

Yeovil Town travelled to Chesterfield to try and end their winless run and returned to Somerset with a point after a 0-0 draw.

Town made seven changes to their starting eleven with new loanees Jed Steer, Stephen Arthurworrey and Jordan Clarke all making their debut for the Glovers.

Ryan Inniss, Artur Krysiak, Simon Gillett, Nathan Smith and Nathan Ralph all missed the trip through injury, whilst James Hayter, Jordy Hiwula dropped to bench.

With eight minutes on the clock Town could have opened the scoring. Nugent headed a deep free kick from Foley back across goal into the path of Moore but Tommy Lee in the Chesterfield goal brilliantly saved the big striker’s goal bound header.

Just before the half hour mark the home side’s shout for a penalty were waved away by referee Langford after the ball appeared to bounce up and strike a Town arm in the area.

With ten minutes of the first half remaining Town were forced into making their first substitution of the match. The returning Moore limped off to be replaced by Manchester City loanee Jordy Hiwula.

The second half started brightly with both sides forcing saves from the opposition keepers. Lee was called into action as a Arthurworrey header was palmed away and at the other end Steer had his palms stung with a effort from just outside the area.

Ten minutes into the second period and the home side had their best chance to open the scoring. A neat through ball found Doyle in space in the area, but new goalkeeper Steer was quick off his line to narrow the angle and save well with his chest.

In the latter stages of the half Hiwula raced onto a through ball only to be fouled by keeper Lee outside the area. Referee Langford showed the shot stopper a yellow card as he deemed there was sufficient cover from the Chesterfield defenders.

As the fourth official indicated a minimum of three minutes the home side forced a corner. Former Town loanee Daniel Johnson swung the set piece in from the left for Clucas to get a touch towards goal, but Steer was on hand to get down well to his left to deny the Chesterfield front man.

Town now face a home tie next Saturday in the FA Cup first round against Crawley Town.