27th September 2016
After two wins on the bounce Town were unable to find a way past a stubborn Cambridge side, forcing them to return to Somerset empty handed. 
After stalemate in the opening 45 minutes, United took the lead just past the hour mark when defender Mark Roberts was in the right place at the right time to convert from close range. 
The Glovers threw caution to the wind in the closing minutes but were unable to find a way back into the match as Shaun Derry’s side held firm. 
Darren Way made one change to the side that saw off Cheltenham Town 4-2 at Huish Park on Saturday, with Kevin Dawson returning from suspension in place of Ben Whitfield who dropped to the bench at the expense of Kyle Copp in the matchday squad. 
In a stop-start opening 45 minutes it was the hosts who enjoyed the majority of possession, although neither ‘keeper was forced into any save of note. 
The first chance of the game fell to the U’s with nine minutes on the clock when Ben Williamson rounded Krysiak wide right inside the Glovers’ box, but Alex Lacey covered well to block Williamson’s attempted shot on goal. 
After that warning it was Town’s turn to come close to opening the scores after neat build-up play between Otis Khan and Matty Dolan. 
Having worked the ball into a crossing position the Yeovil midfielder fired in a dangerous cross which found Ryan Hedges at the back post, but his effort on the stretch resulted with the ball bouncing agonizingly over the crossbar. 
At the other end Luke Berry fired an effort over the bar after a strong run from U’s winger Jake Gosling, before Matt Butcher saw a driven shot from 20 yards trickle wide of Will Norris’ goal for Town. 
Just past the half hour mark Berry got another shot off on goal, this time seeing his low effort from 18 yards fly just wide of the target. 
Cambridge went even closer to scoring minutes later when Adam McGurk’s free-kick from 25 yards rippled the side-netting, before Gosling’s teasing cross somehow evaded U’s captain Leon Legge at the back post just before the break.  
Neither manager made changes to personnel at half-time, but after a relatively quiet 15 minutes after the restart Cambridge manager Shaun Derry introduced Uche Ikpeazu on the hour mark in place of Gosling in a bid to find a way of testing Krysiak. 
The hosts did just that with 65 minutes on the clock when Krysiak did well to initially save McGurk’s header from a Harrison Dunk corner, but the Polish stopper was hapless to stop Mark Roberts firing home the rebound to give Cambridge the lead. 
The goal coincided with Liam Shephard limping off with an injury forcing Way to introduce Bevis Mugabi, before Alex Lawless took to the field in place of Darren Ward five minutes later. 
Buoyed by taking the lead Cambridge and Roberts almost added a second from another corner, but Krysiak was alert to produce a stunning diving save to his right to somehow deny the U’s central defender. 
In a final throw of the dice Ben Whitfield replaced Otis Khan as the game approached the final ten minutes, but the hosts frustrated Town by running down the clock and seeing out the remaining few minutes to send the Green and Whites back to Huish Park empty handed, ending Town’s winning run in the process. 
Cambridge United: Norris; Halliday, Legge, Roberts, Taylor; Gosling (Ikpeazu 60’), Clark, Berry, Dunk; McGurk (Newton 75’), Williamson. 
Bookings: Berry 38’.
Subs not used: Gregory, Coulson, Long, Dallison, Foy.
Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard (Mugabi 67’), Ward (Lawless 73’), Lacey, Smith; Dawson, Butcher, Dolan; Khan (Whitfield 79’), Eaves, Hedges.
Bookings: Lacey 35’, Shephard 54’, Dawson 71’.
Subs not used: Maddison, Ezewele, Sowunmi, Campbell.