29th September 2015

The Glovers made the long trip to Accrington Stanley and returned empty handed after a 2-1 defeat to John Coleman’s side.

A first half strike from Josh Windass  was cancelled out by a superb strike from Josh Sheehan before a second half goal from Matt Crooks sealed the points for Stanley.

Town made one change from the weekend’s defeat to Hartlepool United. Youngster Ollie Bassett dropped to the bench and was replaced by Wes Fogden.

The one change saw Josh Sheehan move forward to support Ryan Bird with Fogden playing the sitting midfielder role.

The home side started much the brighter of the two sides and deservedly opened the scoring after eight minutes.

A smart through ball from Billy Kee found the run of fellow striker Windass, who made no mistake in confidently slotting home past the advancing Krysiak.

Town’s first chance fell to Jake Howells after 22 minutes, but his over-head effort went harmlessly wide of the Stanley goal.

At the other end, Windass was causing the Town back line some problems with his intelligent off the ball runs.

His clever run after 30 minutes almost resulted in another home goal. A through ball found the striker from McConville, but thankfully Windass’ chipped shot went wide of Krysiak and Town managed to clear.

Moments later the home side had another opportunity when Adam Buxton’s cross was headed narrowly over the crossbar by Piero Mingoi.

A little against the run of play Town pulled level when on loan midfielder Josh Sheehan opened his account for the season.

The Welshman ran at the Stanley defence and unleashed a shot from 20 yards to nestle in the bottom corner, leaving keeper Mooney with no chance.

Ten minutes into the second half the home side made it 2-1 with a superb goal. Good movement from Windass and Kee saw the former chest the ball down into the path of Crooks, whose first time shot from the edge of the area left Krysiak with no chance.

Paul Sturrock made his first sub of the match on 76 minutes when he introduced the returning Shaun Jeffers for Jake Howells.

With five minutes remaining and Town pressing for a equaliser, the home side broke away quickly, but Buxton’s shot was bundled behind by a back tracking Nathan Smith.