9th September 2016

After travelling over 1,500 miles in August, Darren Way’s side prepare for the last of three home games in a row this Saturday as they take on Hartlepool United in Sky Bet League Two.


The Glovers come into the match after a disappointing 3-0 defeat at the hands of Blackpool last weekend, after winning their opening Checkatrade Trophy fixture 4-3 against Portsmouth a week-and-a-half ago.


Town are however boosted by the return from international duty of Ryan Hedges (Wales Under-21s) and Ollie Bassett (Northern Ireland Under-19s) who will be available for selection, whislt Darren Ward and Alex Lacey both returned to training this week after spells on the sidelines.


Pools come into the match at Huish Park on the back of a 6-1 defeat inflicted by Stevenage last Saturday, a result which leaves Craig Hignett’s side without a win in the last five matches in all competitions.


Just two points separates the two sides coming into the match with Hartlepool’s only win so far this season coming in matchday three when Pools travelled to Exeter City.




occasion both sides have come together in a competitive meeting, with the visitors edging the head-to-head with eight victories to the Glovers’ six wins.thSaturday’s game will only be the 18


Pools claimed all three points on both occasions last season by the same 2-1 margin, with Ryan Bird’s strike at home cancelled out by Scott Fenwick and Brad Walker strikes whilst a controversial penalty converted by Billy Paynter at Victoria Park helped Pools see off 10-man Yeovil after Nathan Smith received a red card with a little over 10 minutes remaining.


However, Yeovil do claim the highest ever margin of victory having beaten Hartlepool 4-0 in March 2010 thanks to strikes from Gavin Tomlin (penalty), Gavin Williams, Dean Bowditch and an own goal.


Charles Breakspear from Surrey takes charge of Saturday’s fixture at Huish Park in what will be just his fourth ever match officiating a game involving the Glovers.


Mr Breakspear last took charge of a Town match in April this year during the 2015/16 campaign, overseeing the 1-1 draw with Northampton Town at Huish Park.


Five yellow cards were awarded during the match with three of them coming in the final six minutes of the game.


The referee’s most notable match in charge of a Town fixture came during the 2014/15 campaign when Yeovil hosted Walsall at Huish Park.


Both teams were awarded penalties – although neither were converted – and six yellow cards were given out. Most notably, no action was taken against the Saddlers’ player Tom Bradshaw after his challenge saw Town’s Stephen Kingsley stretchered off with a fractured cheekbone.



Minute-by-minute updates will be provided by our official Twitter account, with updates also available via our official Facebook page.  


A full match report will follow shortly after full-time, as well as post-match video reaction from Darren Way and a member of the playing staff.