30th November 2019

Late drama at Hayes Lane sees Yeovil Town share the points against promotion rivals Bromley.

Rhys Murphy’s late leveller cancelled out Frankie Raymond’s earlier penalty for a dramatic ending in stoppage time.

Both sides reduced to ten men in the first half, due to Lee Collins and Chris Bush red cards. Neither side were able to come out on top in what was a hard fought battle at Hayes Lane.

Darren Sarll made one change to the side which was held by Aldershot on Tuesday evening.

Courtney Duffus returned to the fold in the place of James Tilley as Sarll decided to go with two up-front.

The physical presence of the forwards saw Town enjoy a bright opening to proceedings, with Jimmy Smith firing over with the first chance of the game just four minutes in.

The hosts would grow into the game, utilising the wide areas through counterattacks creating a number of chances.

The best would fall to Ben Williamson at the back-post, but he couldn’t quite get a clean connection.

The game would burst into life as the half came to a close with two red cards in the space of five minutes. The first would go to Yeovil captain Collins after halting a goalscoring opportunity, around 25-yards from goal.

The second red would make it ten a side as Courtney Duffus nicked the ball from Bush’s feet, the Bromley centre-back reacted by pulling back the Yeovil forward with the referee then sending him for an early bath.

An eventful first half only lacked goals as the two sides went into the break level.

The second half began with the hosts on top, controlling possession but not making any chances.

The game was always going to be decided by individuals with both sides cancelling each other out tactically, and it was Albi Skendi’s late challenge that gave away a penalty which turned the tide. Raymond expertly dispatched from the spot to put Bromley ahead.

The hosts continued their pressure following the goal, and Stuart Nelson was forced into a superb stop, as the goal scorer Raymond broke past the Yeovil defence.

As time ticked on, Yeovil dominated the ball, but couldn’t make a clear-cut goalscoring chance.

Largely limited to shots from distance, Town struggled to break down the resilient Ravens.

It wouldn’t be until stoppage time that the Glovers would have a chance, and it would be taken. Charlie Lee’s diagonal ball found Gold Omotayo, whose flicked goal bound header fell to Murphy on the goal line for the green and whites to salvage a draw.


Bromley: Huddart, Wood, Holland, Coulson, Raymond, Cheek, Bingham, Bush, Williamson, Rees, Edmonds-Green.

Bookings: Bush (Red), Raymond

Subs not used: Najia, Mekki, Dunne, Klass, Henry.


Yeovil Town: Nelson; Hutton, Collins, Skendi, Bradbury; Lee, Hippolyte, D’Ath, Smith; Duffus, Murphy.

Bookings: Collins (Red), Murphy, Hutton.

Subs not used: Jones, Worthington, Tilley, Dagnall, Omotayo.