YEOVIL TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB ACADEMY PHYSIOTHERAPIST
Yeovil Town FC are looking to recruit a self-motivated, committed, confident and knowledgeable individual to join the growing Academy Football Department in the full-time position of Physiotherapist to lead the Academy Sports Science and Medical Department, working primarily within the Professional Development Phase.
The successful applicant will be required to take the lead role in the Academy’s Sports Science and Medicine Department. Main duties will include being responsible for the daily medical support and welfare of the Under 18 age group.
- To maintain an accurate and comprehensive database of work with Academy players on the club’s PMA system, including current medical status, notes and recordings of rehabilitation or gym sessions.
- Provide feedback in a timely manner on injured players to the full time PDP staff.
- The appropriate examination, assessment and treatment of Academy players when required, including the referral (when needed) to internal and external medical professionals.
- Pitch side cover for the Under 18’s games programme
- Where appropriate, assist with the Academy Sports Scientist in the delivery of body fat testing, joint screening for the Pro Development Phase
- Overseeing the development and implementing prehab and rehab programmes for all PDP Players
- Updating the Academy Emergency Action Plan in line with EPPP requirements.
- Work & communicate with other support staff and services, including doctors/sports scientists/part time staff, providing an integrated approach to performance enhancement.
- Leading the Sport Science and Medicine Department’s CPD Programme for all department staff
- Work closely with the First Team medical staff to provide medical care for Academy players and where appropriate, assist the First Team medical staff in the support of First Team players
The successful candidate will hold the following Qualifications:
- Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- CSP & HCPC Registered
- FA Level 4 Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMiF)
Formerly Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS)
- FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) –
Formerly Advanced Resuscitation and Emergency Aid (AREA)
- Experience of Pitch Side management of injuries
- Must always be able to adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all ages
- always Represent the Academy and maintain professional standards
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom
Place of work
Huish Park Lufton Way Somerset BA22 8YF
Hours of work & remuneration
- 40 hours per week.
- Flexibility in this post will be required to meet the needs of the post.
- This will include working on Saturdays.
Safeguarding & general statement
YTFC is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore, all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared.
Relevant information and/or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
This Role is subject to full enhanced DBS check.
All applicants for this position follow the working EPPP guidelines and must hold the criteria stated in the Job Description.
YTFC are an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy, Code of Conduct, Diversity & Equality Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Right to work in UK Policy are available to all applicants on request.
HOW TO APPLY
Please E-mail or post a copy of your CV and application form to the HR Department for the attention of
Huish Park, Lufton Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YF
The closing date for all applications is 5pm 29th November 2020