30th November 2013
Yeovil Town returned to Somerset with all three points after an impressive away performance secured a 3-0 win against Gianfranco Zola’s Watford.
Goals from Byron Webster, new loan signing Ishmael Miller and Joe Edwards secured the points for the Glovers.
Gary Johnson made four changes from the eleven that started against Doncaster a week earlier. New loan signings Ishmael Miller, Adam Morgan and John Lundstram all started along with Liam Davis who replaced the injured Jamie McAllister at left-back. Sam Hoskins dropped to the bench with Fraser Fyvie and Joe Ralls missing out from the squad.
The home side created the first chances of the first half with Forestieri taking one too many touches in the Yeovil area when he could have shot earlier.
Liam Davis was called upon to deny Cassetti when the Watford looked certain to score, the home fans shouted for a free kick but referee Mathieson waved the play on.
At the other end Joel Grant flashed a cross from the left but both Edwards and Miller couldn’t get on the end of his teasing cross.
The home side continued with their pressure with George Thorne seeing a long  range volley deflected wide by Shane Duffy.
Town took the lead just before the half time break. The fourth official had just signaled one minute of added time to be played when a Liam Davis shot was deflected wide for a corner. The corner was swung in from the right deep into the Watford area onto the head of Webster, who rose highest at the back post to nod past Bond in the goal.
At the start of the second half Town had Luke Ayling and Shane Duffy both making important blocks.
After 50 minutes a Duffy header back to Dunn nearly caught the shot stopper off guard after a slip but the former Coventry man redeemed himself with a firm palm away.
Minutes later Town doubled their advantage. A surging run by Joe Edwards on the right wing saw the utility man cross to the back post where Miller was waiting to powerfully head the ball past Bond, much to the delight of the travelling fans.
The Town defence were throwing themselves in front of every shot Watford had. Ayling and Duffy both blocked goal bound efforts and Chris Dunn in goal made a fine save to keep the score 2-0 to the Glovers.
Johnson made two substitutes with 20 minutes remaining. Adam Morgan and Miller made way for Sam Hoskins and James Hayter.
Into injury time the Glovers made it 3-0 when John Lundstram broke clear and looked up to see Joe Edwards free. His pass was inch perfect and Edwards made no mistake in slotting home past Bond.
Despite late pressure from the home side and numerous corners the Glovers defended their goal with all their might to ensure a deserved clean sheet as well as the three points.