28th February 2015

Town made the long trip north to face Scunthorpe United and returned home with a single point after a 1-1 draw at Glanford Park.

A first goal from Joel Grant and penalty save by goalkeeper coach Gareth Stewart to deny Paddy Madden ensured Town lead 1-0 at the half time break.

The home side equalised just after the hour mark thanks to a solo effort from Hakeeb Adelakun.

Terry Skiverton made two changes from the starting eleven that drew 2-2 with Gillingham last week. In came Joel Grant and Kieffer Moore with James Berrett and James Hayter starting on the Town bench.

With the home side having the majority of the opening exchanges Town were resolute in defence and coped well with what the home side had to throw at them.

It was Town who opened the scoring just before the half hour mark thanks to the returning Grant. A good run on the left wing by Ugwu saw the former Reading man shoot from a tight angle.

United keeper Luke Daniels parried his shot into the path of the Jamaican, who made no mistake from close range to make it 1-0 to the Glovers.

Skiverton was forced into a substitution on 37 minutes when keeper Artur Krysiak was forced off after taking a blow to his head. Keeper coach Gareth Stewart replaced the Polish shot stopper.

Right on the half time whistle the home side were awarded a penalty after Byron Webster fouled former Town man Madden in the area. After what seemed a lifetime referee Lewis pointed to the spot.

Madden dusted himself down to take the penalty, the Irishman stepped up confidently, but sub keeper Stewart dived the right way to deny Madden.

The second half kicked off nearly ten minutes later than other games in League One because of the lengthy delay with Krysiak’s injury.

Just five minutes into the second period there was another long delay. This time Nathan Smith clashed headed with former Town loanee Jordan Clarke. Smith needed lengthy treatment on the pitch before being bandaged up and allowed to continue.

Just after the hour mark the home side drew level when substitute Adelakun jinked his way into the town area to drill the ball past Stewart and into the far corner.

With 25 minutes remaining Skiverton moved Moore from defence to play as a striker alomg side Ugwu and reverted to a 4-4-2 formation.

Good work on the right wing from Shephard saw him cross the ball all the way across the Scunthorpe area to his fellow Swan Kingsley. The left sided man’s shot somehow went wide of the target, much to the relief of the home faithful.

Just seconds later and at the other end Town had Arthurworrey to thank for a superb sliding tackle to deny Madden a certain goal.

Former Glovers man Clarke was next to test Stewart in goal, but the ‘keeper coach did well to save Clarke’s effort with his feet.

Despite there being six minutes of added on time neither side could find the winner and had to settle for a point each.