22nd November 2014

Town made the trip to Nottingham and returned to Somerset with a well earned 2-1 victory.

Despite falling behind early in the second half to a Michael Petrasso goal, Town came back to claim all three points in Nottingham.

Jordan Clarke scored both of Town’s goals with his head with just five minutes to play to send the Town faithful home happy.

Manager Gary Johnson made just the one change to the starting eleven with Nathan Smith replacing the injured Liam Davis.

It took just over 10 minutes for either side to have a serious attempt at goal and it fell the Glovers way. Hiuwla met a cross from the right wing from Dawson at the back post, but the young striker was off balance and couldn’t get his header on target.

Town had a let off on twenty minutes when County broke quickly on their left, which resulted in Cassidy crossing across the Town area, but no Notts player was on hand for a easy tap in.

The best chance of the first half fell to Town after Berrett’s neat through ball found Leitch-Smith’s smart run, but the former Crewe man was denied by a smart save from Carroll in the Notts County goal.

The game sprung to life just before the half hour mark – much to the disgust of the home faithful. Notts County midfielder Gary Jones saw a straight red from referee Attwell after a tackle on left-back Smith.

With County down to ten men Town took the upper hand and it was Arthurworrey who was next to test Carroll. His jinking run saw him beat three County players to shoot from just outside the area, but his effort was saved well by the feet of the wrong-footed keeper.

Town started the second half brightly with half chances falling for Sam Foley and James Berrett.

It was the homeside who took the lead when Petrasso latched onto a back pass by Arthurworrey to round Steer and slot home into an empty net.

With just over ten minutes to play Town’s best chance of the second half fell to substitute Simon Gillett. Edwards put through the former Nottingham Forest man but his shot went agonisingly wide of the County goal.

Town got the equaliser their second half domination and chances deserved. Dawson’s shot was stung the palms of Carroll, who could only palm the ball wide for a corner.

Foley swung the corner in from the right and on loan Jordan Clarke’s flick header crept over the line to draw the Glovers level.

Moments later Clarke made it 2-1 with another header. This time the right-back snuck in at the back post to head home via the post.