19th May 2013
Yeovil Town secured Championship football thanks to a 2-1 win over Brentford at Wembley.
Goals in the first half from Paddy Madden and Dan Burn secured the win.
Just two minutes into the game skipper Jamie McAllister required lengthy treatment on a facial injury after just two minutes. 
Paddy Madden had the first meaningful shot of the game but his effort was well blocked by Harlee Dean on the edge of the area.
Just a minute later the leading scorer in League One put the Glovers one up. After a surging run from Sam Foley saw his shot blocked but the ball fell kindly to Madden, who curled an effort with the outside of his boot past the full stretched Moore in the Brentford goal.
Brentford started to build up some pressure mid-way through the first half and their first corner resulted in Dean heading at goal but the Glovers back four stood firm and cleared the danger.
Foley’s run just before half-time resulted in a corner and Yeovil’s second goal. A deep floating corner caused havoc in the Brentford defence. Big Dan Burn rose highest and his header went through a group of players and snuck over the line to make it 2-0.
Right on the stroke of half time Brentford thought they had pulled a goal back, but Stech was on hand to clutch the ball out of the air.
The second half started in bright sunshine with Brentford forcing a early corner, which was headed wide by the towering Dean at the back post.
Brentford pulled a goal back after 51 minutes. A run from Clayton Donaldson saw him tackled by Burn and the resulting corner was whipped across on to the head of Dean, who made no mistake from close range.
Town had Stech to thank for keeping the score at 2-1 after the hour mark, when he dived to save a Donaldson header from a corner.
Just minutes later Stech was again on hand to keep the lead intact. A iinking run by Forshaw saw the winger get past the defence, but his shot was well saved by the legs of the big shot stopper.
With 75 minutes on the clock winger Kevin Dawson was booked for a dive when the Yeovil faithful were screaming for a penalty.
Substitute Wright-Phillips stung the palms of Stech, but the keeper was equal to the strikers volley on the turn.
In the dying minutes Yeovil hung on under pressure to secure Championship football next season.