11th October 2014
Town travelled to The Potteries and suffered a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Port Vale.
Two first half goals from Tom Pope and a second half goals from Chris Lines and Colin Daniel secured the points for the men in white, despite a late goal from Aaron Martin.
Yeovil made four changes with Sam Foley, Jakub Sokolik, Ajay Leitch-Smith and Brendan Moloney starting in the place of Seth Nana Twumasi, James Hayter, Nathan Ralph and Ben Nugent.
Town started brightly and almost opening the scoring on six minutes. A neat pass from Gillett set up the on rushing Edwards. The skipper let fly with his left foot, only to see his effort deflect off the post and away for a goal kick.
Despite the bright start from the Glovers the home side took the lead after nineteen minutes. A deep cross from Mark Marshall was nodded home at the back post by Pope.
Vale could have doubled their lead just moments later when Williamson raced onto a through ball but Kean was quick off his line to clear. His clearance fell to the feet of goal scorer Pope. The big striker saw Kean off his line and chipped towards goal, but his effort went just wide of the upright.
Town found themselves 2-0 down just before the half hour mark when a Vale corner went all the way across the six-yard line to the feet of Pope, who made no mistake in slotting home from close range.
Within two minutes of the second half starting Town found themselves 3-0 down. A quick break from the hosts on the left wing saw Marshall square for Pope, but the goalscorer saw his shot blocked by Smith, but with the left-back on the floor the ball landed at the feet of Lines, who made no mistake in tapping home from six yards.
Town got on the score sheet with five minutes to go when Martin swept home a Kevin Dawson cross from 10 yards.
In the dying minutes substitute Colin Daniel had the chance to make it 4-1 but his shot went high over bar.
The striker did get his name on the score sheet moments later when he raced clear to slot the ball under Kean to make the score 4-1.