6th September 2014

Town made the long journey to Bradford and returned home with three points after a 3-1 win at the Coral Windows Stadium. 

Two first half headed goals from Aaron Martin and a second half strike from Ajay Leitch-Smith was enough to earn Gary Johnson’s men the victory in a damp and gloomy Bradford 

The Glovers welcomed back Jakub Sokolik and Joe Edwards to the starting eleven after they both sat out of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat to Portsmouth. Jack Price started in midfield alongside the returning Edwards. 

Town started the brighter and their early possession paid off when Town took the lead on eight minutes. A surging run by captain Edwards was ended in the box by a neat tackle, which resulted in a corner for the visitors. 

Sam Foley, who started on the wing rather than central midfield swung in a pinpoint corner onto the head of the central defender Martin, who powered the ball home, much to the delight of travelling faithful. 

On 18 minutes Town had the perfect chance to double their advantage when AJ Leitch-Smith was put through by Hayter, only to see his goal bound effort well saved by Jordan Pickford in the Bradford goal. 

Town did double their lead on 22 minutes. Another superb set piece delivery from Foley from the left found the head of Martin, who glanced the ball home into the far corner of the net. 

The home side pulled a goal back less than five minutes later when defender McArdle rose highest from a Sheehan corner to send a bullet header past Weale and into the Town net. 

The second half began with Town on the front foot. Superb play on the edge of the Bradford area saw Price slide a neat through ball to Nathan Smith. The former Chesterfield man’s shot with his left foot fizzed past Pickford and narrowly wide of the upright. 

It was all Town in the second period with chances falling to Price and James Hayter. It was from Hayter’s chance that Yeovil added to their tally. Kevin Dawson’s cross was volleyed at goal by the former Bournemouth man only to be blocked for a corner. 

From the resulting corner Price picked up the loose ball and got past his marker on the left to pull the ball back to Leitch-Smith, who made no mistake is firing home to open his scoring account for the Glovers.