5th March 2016

On a cold afternoon Town secured three points with a 1-0 win over Mansfield Town.

A Ryan Dickson goal in stoppage time was enough to secure Darren’s Way men the win on a cold and wet afternoon.

Manager Darren Way made three changes to the startixng eleven that beat Accrington during midweek with Brandon Goodship, Tahvon Campbell and Jakub Sokolike dropping to the bench to be replaced by Nathan Smith, Francois Zoko and Kevin Dawson.

Just as the team sheets were announced at 2pm the Glovers announced that striker Leroy Lita has joined the club on a deal that will see him remain in Somerset until the end of the season.

After just seven minutes the home fans were on their feet screaming for a red card as it appeared that Artur Krysiak handled outside the box. A long ball over the top held up in the wet pitch and with Reggie Lambe bearing down on the Yeovil number 1, the shot stopper decided to catch the ball rather than head clear. Thankfully the linesman and referee deemed he handled inside the area.

Krysiak was again called into action moments later when he had his palms stung by a long range effort from Lambe.

At the other end Harry Cornick’s surging run down the left wing saw him beat his marker, but with Zoko free in the area the Bournemouth loanee’s cross was well blocked by the Mansfield defence.

With the game settling down, the Glovers started to get themselves into the game. Their first shot came when a free kick from the right was met my Smith, but his left footed shot was well saved by Scott Shearer in the Mansfield goal.

Five minutes into the second half the home side should have taken the lead. A corner from the left was met by the unmarked Lee Collins, but the skippers header was well saved by Krysiak.

Manager Way made a double substitution after 55 minutes when we changed Dolan and Zoko and replaced them with Ryan Bird and Tahvon Campbell.

With 20 minutes remaining and with Yeovil on the front foot the home side had two chances in the space of two minutes and both times Town had Krysiak to thank for making vital saves.

First, the shot stopper denied Green when he was through on goal and just a minute later he tipped a 20-yard strike from Lambe onto the bar.

At the other end a neat through ball by Campbell found Bird free in the box and with just enough space to fire a shot at goal, but his shot was tipped wide by Shearer.

With three minutes signaled for added time Town took the lead. A surging run by sub Goodship saw him get to the byline to cross into the box, where Dickson was on hand to slot home to make it 1-0 and to score his second goal in two games.