2nd February 2014

With Nottingham Forest playing on Thursday Yeovil Town travelled to the City Ground on Sunday for thier SkyBet Championship fixture.

The home side came flying out of the blocks and the fans in red thought they had taken a second minute lead when the returning Lansbury curled an effort just wode of the upright from 20 yards.

Forest took the lead just after the 15th minute mark when a through ball from Lansbury found Paterson, who rounded Stech to shoot at goal. With the ball seeming going out play defender Byron Webster’s left foot directed it in the net.

The goal sprung the Glovers into life with Moore, Hayter twice going close for Town.

In the 26th minute and after a good spell of play Town drew level.  The towering Moore met a Jamie McAllister cross from the left. As the former Dorchester man rose above his marker in the area to nod into the empty net keeper Darlow was no where to be seen.

Despite Town having their best period of play the home side took the lead. A effort from distance from goal scorer Paterson was well saved by Stech. Mackie picked up the loose ball and coolly passed across the six-yard line to Cox, who made no mistake to crashing the ball into the Yeovil net.

Immediately after the goal Town were forced into making their first substitute. Midfielder Joe Ralls hobbled off to be replaced by new loan signing Tom Lawrence.

Right on the half time whistle Town were dealt a massive let off. Mackie latched onto a back pass from McAllister, but with only Stech to beat he fired his shot against the side netting.

Ten minutes into the second period the first goalscorer Paterson found himself with room in the area. The Forest man curled the ball around Stech but his effort bounced away to safety off the post.

With ten minutes remaining Gary Johnson made another substitute with Lanzoni replacing Hayter, this change saw Byron Webster move up front to add more ariel presence.

Good link up on the right by Ayling and Edwards saw the former release Grant and his cross found McAllister in the area, but his shot was well blocked by Gonzalo Jala.

With the fourth official signalling three minutes of added on time the home side added to their tally. Substitute Rafik Diebbour buddles the ball home after a Cox shot and a goal mouth scramble.