25th November 2017

After a relatively even opening half-an-hour, the dangerous Eberechi Eze opened the scoring following a scramble in the box. 

In a profligate spell for the hosts, Joe Jacobson doubled the lead from the penalty spot after Tom James fouled Paris Cowan-Hall. 

However, the Green and Whites responded just 60 seconds later as Francois Zoko rounded off a slick move to end an entertaining opening 45 minutes.

After the break Jordan Green went close to levelling the scores with a smart volley, but Town couldn’t muster an equaliser and so suffered their first ever EFL defeat at Adams Park. 

Having drawn with high-flyers Notts County in midweek, Darren Way was forced into two changes for the trip to Buckinghamshire.

With Sid Nelson joining Bevis Mugabi on the sideline through suspension, Ryan Dickson returned from concussion in timely manner to slot in at left-back.

Further forward, the Glovers were left without the services of Rhys Browne (ankle) and Otis Khan (ill) who both dropped out late on to give Green his first league start for the club.

The late withdrawals meant the visitors were only able to name five substitutes on their travels.

Although depleted in terms of numbers, Yeovil started brightly with Green – making his first league start for Town – looking lively in attack.

After beginning on the backfoot the Chairboys grew into the game, mostly due to the influential Eze.

Initially firing well over from 25 yards, the midfielder edged closer on 10 minutes by drawing Artur Krysiak into a comfortable save with a strike from the edge of the box.

The youngster went a step closer midway through the half when his shot through bodies was well parried by Krysiak, before the Queens Park Rangers loanee finally found the back of the net.

Falling kindly to the tricky midfielder just inside the box, the 19-year-old unleashed an unstoppable first-time strike to break the deadlock.

Having stood firm for the majority of the first-half and kept danger man Bayo Akinfenwa quiet, Wycombe dealt a blow by doubling their lead just before the break. 

Tom James brought down Cowan-Hall as he shot giving Jacobson the chance to cooly convert from the penalty spot.

Facing an uphill battle to leave Adams Park with anything to show for their efforts, the Glovers responded immediately. 

Surridge raced through the middle from kick-off and looked to be brought down by Scott Brown, only for Green to recycle possession brilliantly, beat his man and square for Zoko to stab home.

The Ivorian’s seventh of the season marked the end of a frantic 10-minute spell as the first-half came to an end, leaving Town with plenty to play for in the second period.  

After an explosive end to the first 45 minutes the second began in a slightly more subdued manner, as the game ticked to the hour-mark with little action of note. 

Sido Jombati floated a tame free-kick into the arms of Krysiak, before Jacobson almost added a second to his personal tally – flashing a set-piece just wide from 25 yards with 75 minutes on the clock. 

Mirroring the first-half, the second period came to life in the closing stages as the Glovers almost drew level. 

Omar Sowunmi’s flick on was brilliantly volleyed goalwards by Green, only for the ball to fly inches wide with Brown beaten.

Looking to avoid a first ever league defeat at Wycombe the Glovers threw caution to the wind in the closing stages and engineered a superb opportunity to make it 2-2. 

Green found Zoko who drilled a cross-cum-shot across goal, but it narrowly missed the far post and somehow evaded everyone in the middle. 

That proved to be Yeovil’s best chance to grab a point as Way’s side once again suffered defeat on the road in a tight affair in Buckinghamshire. 

Wycombe Wanderers: Brown; Jombati, Scarr, Stewart, Jacobson; O’Nien, Bloomfield, Eze (Saunders 85′); Southwell, Akinfenwa, Cowan-Hall (Mackail-Smith 89′).
Subs not used: Ma-Kalambay, Bean, De Havilland, Williams.

Yeovil Town: Krysiak; James, Sowunmi, N. Smith, Dickson; Bailey, Worthington; Green, Olomola, Zoko; Surridge (Gray 76′). 
Bookings: Olomola 45′, James 48′
Subs not used: Maddison, Davies, C. Smith, Santos.