25th September 2018

In an improved opening 45 minutes from the hosts, the only negative looked to be Diallang Jaiyesimi’s serious-looking injury midway through the half. 

Having gone close through Yoann Arquin and Carl Dickinson, the Dons couldn’t test Nathan Baxter before Kieran Agard struck against his former employers in stoppage time.

Slow to get going after the break the visitors missed opportunities to extend their lead and were made to pay late on when Olufela Olomola rescued a point for the green and whites on 88 minutes.

After Saturday’s defeat to Swindon Town – a first in seven EFL matches for Darren Way’s side – the Glovers looked to respond instantly and made two changes.

The fit-again Shaun Donnellan came in to replace Enes Mahmutovic in the heart of defence whilst Olomola replaced Alex Fisher to add extra pace in attack.

Stuart Nelson (calf), James Bailey (knee), Francois Zoko (knee), Alefe Santos (thigh), Gary Warren and Wes McDonald remained unavailable through injury, as Omari Patrick once again missed out as the unlucky sixth loan.

Looking determined to make up for Saturday’s disappointing showing the green and whites began in determined fashion. 

With just 10 minutes on the clock, the energetic-looking Green had a penalty claim waved away by referee Anthony Coggins after the winger appeared to be tripped inside the box after neat build-up play. 

Not interested in pointing to the spot Town looked to take matters into their own hands and went close minutes later. 

A swift break saw Olomola feed Arquin wide on the left, with the Martinique international cutting in before whizzing a strike a yard or two wide. 

As the half reached the midway point, a flurry of feisty Dons challenges saw both Baily Cargill and Alex Gilbey enter the referee’s book in quick succession, with the latter forcing an early Yeovil change. 

Diallang Jaiyesimi needed lengthy treatment before being stretched off, allowing Alex Fisher to take his place in unfortunate circumstances.

After play resumed the spell of Yeovil pressure continued and the deadlock was almost broken on 26 minutes.

Dickinson’s 25-yard free-kick got perfectly up and over the wall but flew inches wide with Lee Nicholls scrambling in the visiting goal. 

Surviving a spell of pressure, Paul Tisdale’s side looked to threaten themselves – predominantly from out wide – but were left frustrated by a resolute looking Town defence despite a string of fine crosses. 

Unable to truly test Baxter the keeper made his first meaningful save in first-half stoppage time when Alex Gilbey’s volley nestled nicely in his arms, but the Chelsea loanee was soon to be beaten. 

Dealing a blow on the stroke of half-time, Agard latched onto Callum Brittain’s pass and coolly lifted the ball into the roof of the net to leave Baxter no chance.

With no opportunity to respond, Way’s side headed into the break a goal down.

Initially on the front foot following the restart the Glovers soon found themselves pinned in their own half and only had wayward finishing to thank for the deficit remaining at just one. 

Rhys Healey’s low cross found strike partner Agard six-yards out, but the former Town man somehow lifted his shot over the bar. 

As the hour-mark approached, Healey drove a shot of his own wide before Gilbey headed just over from an inswinging corner as the pressure built. 

Needing a response, Rhys Browne took the place of Arquin but it was Green on the opposite wing who went close on 62 minutes.

Finding space in the box, the diminutive attacker unleashed a venomous hit but it didn’t dip in time to sneak under the crossbar.

Remaining as Town’s bright spark, Green’s strong run won a free-kick over on the right and from the resulting set-play, Dickinson saw a shot graze the bar on its way over as the clock began to tick down.

As frustration grew around the ground the hosts struggled to find their attacking spark as the final 10 minutes approached, leaving Lee Nicholls largely unscathed in the visiting goal.

Staring back-to-back home defeats in the face the green and whites threw numbers forward in the closing stages and had a glorious chance to equalise with four minutes remaining. 

Olomola’s through ball set Green in on goal who opted to go it alone as opposed to squaring to Fisher, but Nicholls stood tall to get a toe to the low strike. 

Having Seemingly squandered their best chance the hosts rallied to level it up a minute later. 

Switching roles, Green fed Olomola who made no mistake with an emphatic finish to notch his second goal in three games. 

Perhaps fancying a late winner, Town were made to play the final stages with 10-men when Omar Sowunmi picked up a knock and was unable to continue with all three substitutions made, forcing the Glovers to settle for a share of the spoils to move back into the top six.

Yeovil Town: Baxter; Mugabi (James 62′), Sowunmi, Donnellan, Dickinson; Green, Pattison, D’Almeida, Arquin (Browne 56′); Jaiyesimi (Fisher 23′), Olomola.
Bookings: Green 45′, Sowunmi 82′
Subs not used: Phillips, Mahmutovic, Rogers, Gray. 

MK Dons: Nicholls; Williams, Moore-Taylor, Cargill; Brittain, Houghton, Gilbey (Cisse 63′), Watson, Lewington; Agard, Healey.
Bookings: Cargill 17′, Gilbey 18′, Brittain 70′, Moore-Taylor 90′
Subs not used: Moore, Walsh, Aneke, Hancox, Simpson, Thomas-Asante.