Yeovil Town announced the signing of striker Ryan Bird on a two year deal and with a new front man come five new facts.
1) Each time Bird has flown his nest to a new club, he has scored on his League debut. Portsmouth, Cambridge and. Hartlepool all reaped the benefits of his goal scoring straight away.
2) You could say that Bird has always been Eagle-eyed in front of goal; at non league Burnham, where he started his career, he scored over 100 goals including 45 goals in 45 games during the 2012-13 season.
3) It’s well known that birds are attracted to shiny things and Ryan is no different, winning a league title medal with Burnham and the FA Trophy with Cambridge – scoring a goal in a 4-0 final win at Wembley.
4) Bird actually started off as a defender, playing a number of games at centre back due to his height, but after filling in up top and finding his scoring boots that’s where he stayed.
This does give Paul Sturrock options with his new man, you could say it’s like having two Birds in his hand… Equivalent to four in the bush.
5) Bird is a tweeter… What else would you expect? Welcome him to Somerset and wish him well on his emigration south for the winter season on twitter with the handle @Ryan7Bird
The Bird is most certainly the word at Huish Park this week, make sure you come along to support him by buying your tickets HERE.