Yeovil Town are delighted to announce that we have partnered with #HerGameToo, with the aim to combat sexism within football.
Within just months of the campaign, #HerGameToo have already partnered with a number of clubs at both ends of the pyramid, and we at Yeovil Town are proud to be the latest club to join forces with them.
Commenting founder of #HerGameToo movement, Caz May who offered more insight into the excellent work the group do, “#HerGameToo is a movement set up to help tackle the misogynistic culture surrounding football.
“It was founded by myself and 11 other female football fans who had simply had enough of sexist abuse when trying to enjoy the game we all love.
“With this campaign, our main aim is to raise awareness of the problems we have to face alongside building a safer environment to make female fans feel more comfortable.”
#HerGameToo is committed to ending sexism in football, and ten fundamental aims of their campaign:
- Create awareness
- Develop a strong sense of community
- Create regular content to champion women in football (players, staff AND fans)
- Create strong relationships with clubs
- Create strong relationships with club trusts and communities
- Have a presence at football grounds and sports bars to build a more welcoming environment for young girls and women
- Continue to campaign against sexism in football
- Continue to campaign against online abuse
Working proactively together, we will highlight #HerGameToo’s work within the programme and across our social media platforms, alongside information posters around Huish Park to build a presence within the stadium and offer information to report any abuse.