8th January 2018

A debut goal from Marcus Barnes and Jordan Green’s late strike secured the Glovers progression at Huish Park against the Sky Bet League One outfit.

Ahead of Monday night’s draw, YTFC.net takes a look at the Green and Whites’ previous matches at this stage of the competition.

Yeovil Town 2-1 Sunderland
Huish Athletic Ground
Saturday, January 29th 1949

Town pulled off one of the biggest FA Cup shocks of all-time by defeating top flight Sunderland. 

Starting the match strong, the Glovers took the lead just shy of the half hour mark. Player manager Alec Stock turned quickly on the edge of the area and shot beyond the reach of goalkeeper Johnny Mapson, much to the delight of the home crowd. 

The visitors grabbed an equaliser through Jackie Robinson midway through the second period to force the tie into extra time.

Fifteen minutes into the additional period, Yeovil’s Eric Bryant raced one-on-one and found the back of the net to seal one of the biggest giant-killing stories the competition has ever seen.

Yeovil fans v Sunderland in 1949

Charlton Athletic 3-2 Yeovil Town
The Valley
Saturday, January 29th 2005

Yeovil pushed Premier League opponents Charlton Athletic hard but were narrowly edged out at the Valley.

Bryan Hughes’ curler put the Addicks ahead, but Kevin Gall galvanised the away side just before the break, weaving his way through the defence on a determined run leading to Paul Terry sweeping home.

Charlton showed their league superiority in the second period, gaining a two-goal advantage via Francis Jeffers and Shaun Bartlett strikes.

Gary Johnson’s League Two leaders refused to lie down and saw their efforts rewarded in the 66th minute. Midfielder Arron Davies delivered his speculative shot with such power that Charlton keeper Dean Kiely could only stand and watch as it sailed out of his reach.

The Glovers poured forward, staging a nail biting finish, Phil Jevons coming closest seeing his attempt cleared off the line by a vigilant Talal El Karkouri as Charlton held firm.

Stolcers battles for the ball with Holland

Southampton 2-0 Yeovil Town
St Mary’s
Saturday, January 25th 2014

Guly Do Prado and Sam Gallagher were on target as Southampton overcame Town at St Mary’s to reach the fifth round of the FA Cup.

The latter dispatched a first-half spot-kick after 23 minutes following a Shane Duffy handball.

The Glovers were bright and enthusiastic in their approach with Ishmael Miller causing a nuisance from the outset. He tested Kelvin Davis’ reflexes and following good play down the left between Joel Grant and Joe Ralls, the Saints stopper produced a fine point-blank stop to deny James Hayter.

Yeovil were proving a handful and it took Gallagher’s goal to put the game beyond doubt.

The youngster showed impressive poise and skill to jink clear and fire past Marek Stech from an acute angle.

Byron Webster challenges Adam Lallana