Yeovil Town is currently able to offer opportunities to assist the club’s media operations in 2019/20, providing an excellent opportunity for those looking to start out in the industry.
Becoming part of the media team at Huish Park, the club is looking to recruit volunteers for two key areas of the department’s duties for the rest of the season.
The roles offer the chance to gain valuable experience in the sports media industry with a professional football club with a substantial following.
The opportunities available are:
- Write copy for each issue
- Help with proofreading
- Request content from opposing teams
- Work as part of a team to meet deadlines
Matchday (social media)
- Produce content for the club’s social media channels
- Help cover the first-team’s league and cup fixtures
- Cover Academy (U18) fixtures when at home
- Conduct and edit post-match interviews
To apply, please send an email with details and examples of any previous football media experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The preferred candidates will be those available for most home matchdays on Saturdays (1pm-6pm) and midweek (6pm -10.30pm).
Those interested in the programme role will have the opportunity to work remotely.
While the roles are unpaid at this stage, they provide an exciting opportunity for aspiring journalists looking to start their career.