Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Interviews

INTERVIEW | Way expecting injury boost post international break

Town boss expecting returns for trip to Newport

6 September 2018

Darren Way speaks to the press PPAUK

With a nine-day gap until the next game due to this weekend's international break, manager Darren Way is expecting an injury boost for Town's next outing.

The Glovers were due to host MK Dons on Saturday but international call-ups for Shaun Donnellan, Sessi D'Almeida and Enes Mahmutovic mean the League Two encounter is postponed.

Next facing a trip to Newport County on the 15th September, Town's boss is expecting an injury boost for the trip to Wales. 

The green and whites are currently without six due to injury, but are expecting a boost for the outing to Rodney Parade. 

Speaking to iFollow Glovers, Way said: "I'm told by the physio that we should have three players back from injury for the game at Newport, plus the players back from international duty.

"In the meantime, it's about regrouping after a tough run of games. Players will recover over the next few days and we'll keep preparing for the Newport game.

"The players have make sure they use this break wisely. The international break worked well for us last year with the numbers we've got and the injuries we carried, so I'm expecting the same pattern this time around."


Advertisement block