Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Interviews

INTERVIEW | 'Discipline has been addressed' - Way

Town boss draws line under ill-discipline

9 August 2018

Shutterstock

Darren Way is confident his side's ill-discipline has been addressed prior to the visit of Mansfield Town this Saturday (3pm).

The Glovers host the Stags in the first home match of the season this weekend looking to record their first points of the campaign.

Suffering defeat at Bury on the opening day, Town did so with nine-men after Tom James and Jordan Green received their marching orders.

With the green and whites receiving 12 red cards since the same time last year, Way told YTFC.net that the dismissals can't continue. 

"We've got to make sure we don't keep making the same mistakes," he said. "(Francois) Zoko and Omar Sowunmi are running a tight line because I want those players from last season who got sent off to make sure it doesn't happen again.

"On our shop floor the discipline is impeccable and we're always trying to drive the standards but in the heat of battle, emotions run high and the players are sometimes showing too much passion. 

"I don't want to take that away but we can't lose players because it can cost us winning football matches.

"We've had a talk this week and now our focus is on preparing for the game against Mansfield on Saturday."

Tickets for the first home match of the season remain on sale with more information found here.


Advertisement block