Yeovil have signed a host of midfielders and defenders this summer, what the supporters were crying out for is a goal scorer. Step forward our latest recruit, Shaun Jeffers.
Here’s five things you need to know about our new front man.
1) Shaun Elliot Jeffers is a 23-year old striker formerly of Newport County.
2) Starting his career with Coventry City, Jeffers spent time on loan at Cheltenham, Cambridge and Tamworth to gain experience.
3) He was part of a deal between Coventry and Peterborough that saw Conor Washington go in the other direction in 2013.
4) Last season, at Newport County, Jeffers made a total of 35 appearances, scoring twice.
5) Jeffers has two England Under 19s caps – his first came in 2010 in a game against Slovakia.
International recognition doesn’t come around too often at Huish Park, hopefully Jeffers can settle early and get the goals flowing.
You can see his goals in person, at Huish Park and around the country once the pre-season schedule is off and running – click HERE for ticket details for all the upcoming warm up fixtures.