1) Wesley Kieth Fogden is a midfielder who has spent his whole career playing on the south coast starting at Brighton before taking in Havant and Waterlooville, Bournemouth and finally Portsmouth. He must really love that sea air!
2) Aside from those clubs, Fogden spent three separate spells at one of Yeovil’s closest rivals, Dorchester Town, scoring a handful of goals across 30 appearances.
3) Fogden is written into the history books of Non-League football, he was the first Havant a Waterlooville player to win, not one, nor two but three consecutive Player of the Month awards.
4) In 2013, whilst at Bournemouth, Eddie Howe had plans to change Fogden’s role from that of a bustling midfielder to that of a full back, claiming he was the ‘perfect professional’ and
able to adapt his game.
5) Probably, the most fascinating fact of this or any of the other new YTFC signings is that, at the age of 18 Fogden overcame a spinal tumour.
He spent three months in a full body cast and could have been forgiven for thinking the worst. Thankfully, the tumour was not cancerous and he made a full physical recovery in time to embark on his football career.
Fogden has been touted as a fan’s favourite from every club he has represented and in order to make that happen at Yeovil, he’ll need you to be in attendance each and every week.
Tickets for all the home fixtures, including pre-season, are now available for the upcoming campaign.
Click HERE for more.