Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

14 October 2017 Venue Unavailable Attendance

Kick off 11:00 (UK)

Yeovil Town U18
1 - 4
Bristol Rovers U18

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Lineup will be displayed here shortly before the game

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Under-18s suffer heavy defeat to Bristol Rovers

Young Glovers well beaten at Huish Park

14 October 2017

Jack Hilton-Jones is marked by a Bristol Rovers player YTFC

Yeovil Town Under-18s were condemned to back-to-back defeats in the EFL Youth Alliance South West as Bristol Rovers came away 4-1 victors at Huish Park.

Early on in proceedings Tom Mehew converted from the spot, before Town conceded two quick goals after the break.

Harry Warwick grabbed the first of a brace to put Rovers in the driving seat before James Spruce made it 3-0.

Paulius Golubickas grabbed a consolation late on, before Warwick completed the scoring to round off a disappointing morning.

Antonio Falanga's side remained without the suspended duo of Jeremiah Gyebi and Joe Tomlinson, meaning Tom Hayes and Lewis Dix continued in their absence. 

With just 11 minutes on the clock, Mehew was brought down inside the box buy a mistimed Hayes challenge, which the Rovers attacker coolly slotted home. 

In a relatively even opening 45 minutes the Young Glovers couldn't forge any meaningful attempt on goal, as goalkeeper Tommy Scott raced from his line to deny Warwick when through on goal. 

Jack Hilton-Jones saw a 25-yard effort fly just over the bar with a little over 10 minutes of the first-half remaining, before Town conceded two goals in quick succession after the restart. 

Misplacing a pass from the kick-off, Warwick raced onto the loose ball to fire a first-time strike past a hapless to Scott to make it 2-0. 

Soon after, Scott was called into action again to save Warwick's shot from the angle after a quick counter-attack, but Spruce was on hand to tap in on the rebound. 

With the game won, Rovers began to see more of the ball before Yeovil grabbed a consolation. 

Neville Nzembela wrestled in the box to win possession, allowing Nestor Sako to cut the ball back for Golubickas who found the back of the net from 12 yards. 

In a late bid to get back into the match the Young Glovers produced a couple of scrambles in the box as they threw numbers forward, before Warwick rounded off the scoring to condemn Town to defeat.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block