Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

06 October 2020 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


Vanarama National League

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

MATCH PREVIEW | Yeovil Town - Wealdstone F.C.

Look ahead to our first home game of the season

6 October 2020

Huish Park hosts a competitive fixture for the first time since July as Wealdstone are the visitors on Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

Despite the National League kicking off on Saturday, this will be the Stones’ first fixture after their clash with Chesterfield was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. 

The Glovers will be looking to claim three points for the first time this season after opening with a hard-fought draw with King’s Lynn on Saturday evening.


Darren Sarll’s thoughts

Following Saturday’s 2-2 draw with King’s Lynn, Darren Sarll spoke briefly on the prospect of facing Wealdstone.

“It’s not just about dusting ourselves down, it’s about reattaching muscles to bones and ligaments.

“It will be an intense period leading up to the game on Tuesday night.”


Injury news

After sitting out on Saturday Darren Sarll confirmed in his post-match interview that Albi Skendi remains a doubt for the clash with Wealdstone.


A foot in the opposition camp

After being awarded the National League South title by PPG, Dean Brennan will be looking to keep his Stones rolling in the National League. After the departure of key man and former Glover Billy Clifford, it will be up to new signing Kundai Benyu to fill the void left by Clifford.

There are a number of former Glovers in the Wealdstone squad with Adel Gafati and Connor Smith all signed to the North West London side. The key man for the visitors is Dennon Lewis, despite interest from the Football League, the wide man has committed his future to Wealdstone and will be looking to pick up where he left off after 11 league goals in 19/20.



The fixture will be streamed LIVE AND FREE on the Yeovil Town YouTube Channel. Coverage will begin at around 7:40pm with commentator Marcus Duncomb previewing the action.

Radio listeners have the choice of Three Valleys Radio and BBC Somerset.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

MATCH REPORT | Yeovil Town 2-2 Wealdstone

Yeovil Town held at Huish Park

6 October 2020

Yeovil Town and Wealdstone enjoyed a thrilling 2-2 draw on Tuesday night at Huish Park. 

After the visitors struck ahead in the first half, goals from Rhys Murphy and Charlie Lee turned the game on its head.

However, there was one final twist in the tale as Michael Phillips struck an equaliser for the National League South champions.

Darren Sarll opted for a change of system following Saturday evening’s draw with King’s Lynn.

Adam Smith kept his place in goal, but Josh Staunton dropped into the defence in the place of Lee Collins. Luke Wilkinson, Dan Leadbitter, and captain on the night Carl Dickinson completed the defence.

The midfield comprised of five players, with Charlie Lee, Matt Worthington, Jack Clarke, Lawson D’Ath and Jimmy Smith all starting.

Courtney Duffus led the line as a lone striker, and he found himself isolated throughout the first period.

Despite an even opening first exchanges, the Glovers were limited to shots from distance, with Duffus testing Isted from the edge of the box being the only effort of note.

The visitors found the advantage in the 25th minute, after Charlie Lee was adjudged to have handled the ball in the box, veteran Moses Emmanuel converted from the spot.

The goal inspired the hosts, continually pressing the Glovers backline, especially down their right-hand side through Michee Efete.

Yeovil held firm and had their best chance to level on the verge of half-time as Wilkinson’s free kick flew narrowly over the bar.

Sarll needed a reaction from his team after the break, and he got just that through Murphy, netting after just 26 seconds in the second half. After J.Smith’s initial effort was saved by Isted, the Yeovil number nine was the quickest off the mark to turn the ball home.

The Glovers were electric following the goal, pressing every loose ball and bringing the game onto the Stones.

This pressure would pay off in the 60th minute, Dickinson’s well-weighted corner was met by the leaping Lee who rose highest to head home for the Glovers.

Just as Yeovil turned the game around after the break, the Stones came out all guns blazing following the goal, and they would find a leveller in the 74th minute through Michael Phillips.

The Stones should have added a third in the 80th minute, despite a foul on Lee in the build-up, the ball fell to Dennon Lewis who had an open goal to fire in but somehow blazed the ball over.

Yeovil almost added a third as Duffus’ header was flicked into the path of Worthington, but the ball just escaped him as Wealdstone cleared.

As the game came to its conclusion, neither side did enough to snatch a winner as Yeovil now look to Wrexham on Saturday for their first win.




Yeovil Town: A.Smith; Leadbitter, Wilkinson, Staunton, Dickinson; Lee, Worthington, Clarke (Rogers), D’Ath (Murphy), Smith (Collins); Duffus


Subs: Palmer, Burke, Collins, Rogers, Murphy

Advertisement block

Advertisement block