Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

01 February 2020 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


Vanarama National League

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

MATCH PREVIEW | Yeovil Town - Chorley

Chorley visit Huish Park

31 January 2020

National League action returns to Huish Park with Chorley visiting Huish Park this Saturday (3pm).

After falling to a disappointing defeat against Woking last time out, Darren Sarll’s side will be looking to bounce back against the league’s bottom side.

Chorley, who reached the National League via the National League North play-offs last season, have not won a league game since November when they beat Dagenham and Redbridge at Victory Park.

It could be a special day for Glovers midfielder Charlie Lee, as he is in line for his 500th career appearance!


Our last meeting with the Magpies saw late heroics from Rhys Murphy secure all three points for Town. After taking a first half lead through Matt Worthington, Chorley pulled one back through Ntumba Massanka. However, a brilliant James Tilley cross was met by Murphy to secure the points returned to Somerset.

Prior to this season’s meeting, we had not clashed with Chorley since 1990, when Mickey Spencer netted twice to secure a 2-1 victory.

In all our six previous meetings with the Magpies, the record books are overwhelmingly positive, with the green and whites boasting five victories and just one defeat.

The sole defeat came in our last trip to Victory Park with Chorley running out the 3-2 victors.

The most memorable encounter came in our first meeting with this weekend’s visitors as the Glovers were 5-2 victors in the second round of the FA Trophy.



Peter Gibbons will be the man in the middle at Huish Park on Saturday. This will be his first trip to Huish Park this season, having only taken charge of one Yeovil match, in the defeat away to Barrow.

He will be assisted by Marcus Carmichael and Craig Green. Martin Peters will be the fourth official.



The pre-match thoughts of Charlie Lee and Darren Sarll can be found on YTTV and the YTFC YouTube channel.


On match day, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account and live matchday centre

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Visit the Live Match Centre to access form guides, live text commentary and live audio commentary

A full match report will follow on at full time with post-match reaction from the manager and a member of the playing staff following soon after.

Follow our official social media channels:

Twitter - @YTFC
Facebook - YTFCOfficial
Instagram - @ytfcofficial



Tickets are on sale through until kick-off with advanced prices available until three hours before kick-off both online and via the ticket office. Advanced purchase is advised to avoid expected matchday queues.

There are several ways for tickets to be purchased:

  • Online (click here)
  • Calling the ticket office on 01935 847888
  • Visiting the ticket office in person

Prices are as follows:

Adult   £16 £17 £19
Senior/Military   £14 £15 £17
Young Person   £10 £10 £12
Junior   £3 £3 £3
Adult   £13 £14 £16
Senior/Military   £11 £12 £14
Young Person   £10 £10 £12
Junior   £3 £3 £3


Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Yeovil Town 1-1 Chorley

A frustrating afternoon at Huish Park

1 February 2020

Yeovil Town could not overcome ten-man Chorley as the Glovers drew 1-1 with the league’s bottom side.

Conceding on the stroke of half time through Connor Hall, who was later sent off, offered the Magpies the advantage.

It would take 88 minutes for Yeovil to find a way back into the game, with Marc Richards turning the ball beyond Matt Urwin.

Ultimately, it was too little too late as Yeovil slipped to fourth in the National League.

Darren Sarll made four changes from our defeat against Woking.

Marc Richards returned to the forward line, with Liam O’Brien making his first league start since signing until the end of the season.

Craig Alcock would feature at right back, and Matt Worthington, who captained the County Cup side, also returning to the fold.

The changes would have a positive effect, with Town playing some nice football in Chorley’s half throughout the opening stages.

However, Yeovil’s fist chance would come from a Chorley mistake. Anthony Meppen-Walters misplaced pass found Rhys Murphy bombing into the box, but his chipped effort went narrowly over the bar.

Town would continue to pile on the pressure with M.Richards forcing a stop from Urwin in the 18th minute, following a well-placed cross from Myles Hippolyte.  

The Glovers would have a penalty shout waved away by the referee just minutes later as Murphy was seemingly tripped, but the referee was left unmoved.

Murphy would once again be involved in Yeovil’s attacking play, firing over in the 30th minute from just inside the box.

Continuing to mount pressure, Murphy would once again be tripped inside the box, but the referee would in fact give a free kick to Chorley, booking Murphy for simulation.

Completely against the run of play, it would be Chorley who in fact took the lead. A lapse in concentration allowed Hall through on goal to deftly place an effort past the returning O’Brien.

The second half saw Town turn on the pressure, hitting the crossbar just four minutes into the half through Dickinson’s free-kick.

Despite controlling the ball for large spells, the Green and Whites were restricted to efforts from distance, which Urwin was largely equal to.

The referee would offer Yeovil some hope, giving earlier goal scorer Hall his marching orders after picking up a second yellow card.

With the visitors down to ten, the Glovers had to flurry forward. However, this would be a stern test with Chorley setting up with six defenders.

It would take Yeovil until the 88th minute to break this backline down, with the ball bouncing dangerously in the box, after what seemed like an age, Richards eventually turned the ball home to offer the Glovers hope of snatching a winner.

That winner almost came, through Richards in stoppage time. The earlier goal scorer’s flicked header flew agonisingly wide of the post as the referee blew the final whistle just seconds later.


Yeovil Town: O’Brien; Alcock, Collins, Wilkinson, Alcock (Skendi); Lee, Hippolyte, Worthington (Duffus), Smith (Dagnall), Murphy, M.Richards.

Bookings: Hippolyte, Murphy.

Subs not used: Cann, C.Richards,


Chorley: Urwin, Challoner, Ross, Kay, Meppen-Walters, Duxbury, Cottrell, O’Keefe (Baines), Smith, Newby, Hall.

Bookings: Duxbury, O’Keefe, Hall (Red), Urwin.

Subs not used: Nortey, Newby, Holroyd, Blakemen.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block