Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

09 September 2017 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW | Yeovil Town v Cheltenham Town

Glovers are looking to extend their winning home run to three

8 September 2017

Sid Nelson celebrates debut win over Coventry PPAUK

Town’s home form has been good this season in Sky Bet League Two.

All their points have come in Somerset, with victories over Accrington Stanley and Coventry City in August.

Huish Park is also a happy hunting ground for Southampton hotshot Olufela Olomola, who has netted three goals in two games at home as well as a further strike in the pre-season friendly against Championship outfit Bristol City.

Another loanee in Matt Worthington, who signed from AFC Bournemouth until January, could make his debut this weekend when Yeovil host Cheltenham Town.

The Robins are currently bottom of the table with just one win to their name.

Manager Gary Johnson bolstered his options towards the end of the transfer window with a trio of loans from Bristol City, experienced keeper Scott Flinders and ex-West Ham United youngster Jaanai Gordon.

All five featured for the Gloucestershire side last weekend but couldn’t prevent them from suffering a 1-0 defeat to Stevenage.

Town are unbeaten in their last three games at home to Cheltenham Town.

Last season, Otis Khan set the Glovers on their way to a 4-2 victory at Huish Park.

Before that match, the Green and Whites hadn’t faced the Robins in Somerset since Boxing Day 2008.

Dean Whitestone will be the man in the middle this weekend. 

All of Mr Whitestone’s league matches have come in League One this season.

The Bedfordshire-born official has refereed seven games last season, dishing out 18 yellow cards but no reds.

Coy officiated three Town fixtures last term – both ties against Newport County and the draw at Accrington.

He will be assisted by Kevin Morris (Herefordshire) and Craig Taylor (West Midlands) with Marc Whaley (Devon) acting as fourth official. 

Darren Way and Ryan Dickson‘s pre-match interviews can be watched in full for free on iFollow Glovers.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account and live matchday centre.

If you’re unable to attend the game, live audio commentary is available via the iFollow Glovers service, with the monthly and season subscriptions offering full-match replays from Sunday. 

A full match report will follow on at full-time with post-match reaction from the manager and a member of the playing staff following soon after. 

Fans can still buy tickets in advance in person at the ticket office, online or by phone on 01935 847888. Tickets are available on the day of the game.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Yeovil Town 0-0 Cheltenham Town

9 September 2017

James Bailey wrestles for the ball with Cheltenham's Freddie Hinds PPAUK

Yeovil Town retained their unbeaten home record at the start of the 2017/18 season with a 0-0 draw against Cheltenham Town at Huish Park.

The visitors enjoyed the better of proceedings but couldn’t find a way past an imperious Artur Krysiak to claim all three points in Sky Bet League Two.

A point sees the Glovers move three unbeaten at home, having picked up all seven of their points in front of the Town faithful.

Darren Way opted to give the eleven that lost at Crawley a week previous a chance to make amends, sticking with the same starting line-up for a third league match in a row.

Having signed on deadline day, loanee Matt Worthington started amongst the substitutes for his involvement as a Glover in the only change to the matchday squad.

On a blustery afternoon in Somerset it was the visitors who started with the wind in their sails, threatening to break the deadlock in the early exchanges.

A superb last-ditch Ryan Dickson challenge stopped Mohamed Eisa firing a shot off from inside the box, before his strike partner Danny Wright missed a gilt-edged opportunity with 12 minutes on the clock.

Eisa’s low drive came back off the post falling perfectly to Wright, who somehow trickled an effort wide of the target with the goal begging.

Creating chances inside the opening 20 minutes, Carl Winchester’s low cross couldn’t be turned goalwards by Eisa, as the Robins proved wasteful in front of goal to the relief of the Glovers.

Far from clinical, Cheltenham manager Gary Johnson ruthlessly replaced Wright with Jaanai Gordon after 23 minutes, in a bid to find an end product.

Despite remaining unscathed from the early onslaught, the Glovers struggled to recreate the attacking form from their opening two home matches to the frustration of the home faithful.

Rounding off a one-sided opening 45 minutes, Jordan Cranston had a long-range strike palmed away by Krysiak, leaving Town to require a livelier second half.

As they did at Crawley last weekend the Glovers made one switch at the break, as Jordan Green replaced Olufela Olomola who seemed to be struggling with a knock.

However, before the alteration had chance to affect the pattern of play the Robins were back on the front foot after the restart.

The lively Gordon forced Krysiak into a diving save from a venomous drive, before Sam Surridge replaced Rhys Browne in a bid to get Town ticking in the final third.

It remained a defensive effort up to the hour mark however, as Krysiak produced a stunning double save to keep the score at 0-0.

Town’s Polish stopper was quick off his line to smother Eisa’s effort, before recovering to tip Gordon’s curling strike over the bar just seconds later.

The smart double save seemed to invigorate Way’s side, who engineered their first chance of the match after 67 minutes.

Otis Khan’s jinking run worked space in the box to allow a cross, which could only be glanced wide by an advanced Bevis Mugabi.

Having struggled to exert pressure on Cheltenham the Glovers grew into the game in the final 20 minutes, led by the influence of Green.

At the other end Jerell Sellars had a shot from range pushed away by the impassable Krysiak, before Khan fired into the arms of Scott Flinders from all of 25 yards. 

With virtually the last act of the match substitute Hinds fired an effort into the side-netting forcing both sides to share the spoils, as Yeovil move three games unbeaten at home. 

Yeovil Town: Krysiak, Mugabi, Nelson, N. Smith, Dickson, Browne (Surridge 52’), C. Smith Gray 75’), Bailey, Khan, Zoko, Olomola (Green 45’).
Bookings: Nelson 36’
Subs not used: Maddison, Davies, James, Worthington.

Cheltenham Town: Flinders, Winchester, Moore, Grimes, Cranston, Dawson, Storer, Pell, Morrell (Sellars 70’), Wright (Gordon 23’), Eisa (Hinds 61’).
Bookings: Cranston 78', Hinds 89'
Subs not used: Flatt, Boyce, O’Shaughnessy, Bower.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block