Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

02 December 2017 Venue Vale Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW | Port Vale v Yeovil Town

Glovers head to Vale Park looking for Emirates FA Cup progression

1 December 2017

Olufela Olomola hugs Sam Surridge after victory PPAUK

Town head to Port Vale on Saturday (3pm) looking to make the Emirates FA Cup third round for the fourth time in the last five seasons.

The Glovers have already met the Valiants once this season, playing out a 1-1 draw at Huish Park with Otis Khan cancelling out Tom Pope's opener. 

However, the Green and Whites will come into the clash at Vale Park in buoyant mood having seen off Sky Bet League One outfit Plymouth Argyle 2-1 in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday. 

In fact, Darren Way's side progressed to the second round of the FA Cup in similar circumstances, defeating higher league opposition in Southend United at the start of November. 

Khan's first-half penalty was enough to knock out Phil Brown's Shrimpers, teeing up a second round meeting in Stoke-on-Trent.

With no fresh injury concerns, Yeovil will travel to Port Vale with only Sid Nelson absent from the matchday squad as he serves the second of a three-match suspension.

However, Way will have something of a selection headache having made five changes for the midweek win over Argyle, while new signing Oscar Gobern is eligible to make his debut having signed on Friday morning. 

Port Vale host the Glovers following back-to-back defeats.

The Valiants will look to continue their FA Cup form, though, having recorded a 2-0 win over Oxford United in the first round. 

Pope (9 goals) will be the hosts' main threat, with Dan Turner also chipping in with three goals this season.

Town have won three of their nine encounters against Port Vale.

The first meeting between the two sides came as early as the 2005/06 season with both sides winning their respective home fixtures 1-0.

Yeovil's best result at Vale Park is a 2-2 draw, coming back in 2008 thanks to Gary Dempsey and Andy Kirk strikes.

Scott Oldham (Lancashire) will be the man in the middle on Saturday.

The cup clash will be his 19th game of the season and first involving the Glovers.

Mr Oldham will be assisted by Richard Wigglesworth (South Yorkshire) and Andrew Hendley (West Midlands) with Peter Wright (Merseyside) acting as fourth official.

Darren Way and Olufela Olomola's pre-match thoughts can be viewed on iFollow Glovers.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account and live matchday centre.

If you’re unable to attend the game, live audio commentary is available via the iFollow Glovers service, with the monthly and season subscriptions offering full-match replays from Sunday. 

A full match report will follow on at full time with post-match reaction from the manager and a member of the playing staff following soon after. 

Tickets for the match are available to buy in advance and on the day, with details on our away ticket page.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Port Vale 1-1 Yeovil Town

The Glovers leave it late to earn a replay

2 December 2017

Alefe Santos shoots at goal PPAUK

Jordan Green's late equaliser earned Yeovil Town a 1-1 draw at Port Vale to force an Emirates FA Cup second round replay.

The game struggled to come to life in the first-half as neither side managed to produce a meaningful attempt on goal.

A livelier affair after the restart, both sides had chances before Tom Pope notched the opener just past the hour-mark. 

Looking like being the difference between the two teams, Jordan Green popped up in the 89th minute to earn the visitors a replay and keep Town in the pot for the third round draw.

Darren Way made two changes from last weekend’s league outing, including a fifth start in Green and White for Alefe Santos.

Impressing in midweek, the Brazilian replaced Matt Worthington in midfield whilst Otis Khan – who returned from illness on Tuesday night – came in for Jordan Green.

New signing Oscar Gobern started amongst the substitutes after signing on Friday morning following a three-week trial. 

On a drizzly afternoon in Staffordshire, the opening 45 minutes failed to provide much in terms of final third action as both sides cancelled each other out.

Neil Aspin’s side were first to enjoy a spell of pressure, but despite a string of balls into the box the Valiants were unable to test Artur Krysiak. 

Growing into the match, Santos started to control proceedings in midfield for the visitors as the momentum swung in favour of Town.

However, much like the home side, the Glovers were unable to bring the opposing ‘keeper into play as James Bailey’s blocked shot from inside the box proved to be Yeovil’s best chance of the half.

With frustration growing amongst both sets of supporters the game continued to struggle to produce attempts on goal, with Christian Montano twice off target with efforts 18 yards.

As two minutes of additional time came to a close Port Vale engineered the best chance of the half as Gavin Gunning’s deep cross found Pope, whose goalbound header was manfully blocked by Omar Sowunmi.

That brought an end to a first-half that largely failed to inspire, leaving plenty of food for thought for both sides at the break.

Whilst Town chose to stick with the eleven that started at Vale Park, the Valiants opted to twist with a double substitution and change in formation at the start of the second half. 

Now with two up front, the alterations gave the Yeovil defence food for thought as Anton Forrester had a header from 12 yards claimed by Krysiak.

Staying in the ascendancy after the restart, Vale squandered their best two chances of the match as the game ticked towards the hour-mark.

Firstly, Pope had a shot from inside the box blocked by his own man after substitute Tyler Denton raced clear, before a last-ditch Ryan Dickson challenge stopped Forrester pulling the trigger from six yards after Krysiak was taken out of the game having got a hand to a deep cross. 

Living dangerously, the Glovers survived the flurry of Port Vale chances and almost broke the deadlock themselves.

Great work from Sam Surridge saw the striker weave his way into the box before unselfishly squaring for Khan, whose low drive was deflected inches wide. 

However, Aspin's side responded immediately and opened the scoring after 63 minutes. 

A hanging cross to the back post was perfect for Valiants top scorer Pope to rise highest and head past a hapless Krysiak.

The game's opening goal sparked a double change from Way, as Gobern - making his debut - and Green took to the field in place of Bailey and Khan.

Despite the fresh legs, it was Vale who continued to enjoy the most of possession as time suddenly became the enemy of the Green and Whites. 

Forrester missed an opportunity to put the tie beyond doubt inside the final ten minutes before Town ensured they'd be in the hat for the third round draw. 

Gobern's cross fell to Green in the box who made no mistake in heading the ball into the back of the net for his first Yeovil goal to send the away end into raptures. 

The visitors searched for a winner in stoppage time buoyed by the equaliser, but the referee's whistle brought an end to proceedings forcing a replay at Huish Park in a few weeks' time.

Port Vale: Boot; Gibbons, Gunning, Anderson, N. Smith; Tonge, Kay, Pugh (Denton 45'); Worrall (Harness 72'), Pope, Montano (Forrester 45').
Bookings: Gibbons 87'
Subs not used: Hornby, Barnett, Reeves, Turner.

Yeovil Town: Krysiak; James, Sowunmi, N. Smith, Dickson; Bailey (Gobern 69'), Santos (C. Smith 82'); Olomola, Zoko, Khan (Green 69'); Surridge.
Bookings: Dickson 32’
Subs not used: Maddison, Mugabi, Davies, Worthington.

Advertisement block

Ticket News

TICKETS | Get up for the Cup at Port Vale!

Support Town in the Emirates FA Cup second round

30 November 2017

Tickets remain on sale for Saturday's Emirates FA Cup second round trip to Port Vale (3pm).

Having seen off League One opposition in Southend United at the start of November, Darren Way's side head to Stoke-on-Trent bidding to reach the third round for the fourth time in five years.

Otis Khan's penalty was enough for Town to defeat the Shrimpers in round one, whilst Saturday's opponents Port Vale also caused an upset by claiming a 2-0 win over Oxford United. 

Adults can take in the cup action for just £12 this weekend, whilst seniors and under-21s can watch for £6.

Travel to Vale Park is being run by the Green and White Supporters Club, with full details available by clicking here.

Tickets remain on sale via the Huish Park ticket office by visiting in person or by calling 01935 847888, with full price details and information on our away tickets page

Advertisement block

Advertisement block