Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

19 August 2017 Venue The New Lawn Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block


Commentary to begin soon

There are currently no key moments to display.

Are you sure you want to delete this event?

Delete Cancel

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

PREVIEW | Forest Green Rovers v Yeovil Town

Glovers head to Nailsworth for the first time in the EFL.

18 August 2017

Olomola reels off in celebration after scoring against Accrington PPAUK

Fresh from their first victory of the campaign, Town head to Forest Green Rovers with an injection of confidence.

The Glovers ran out 3-2 winners over in-form Accrington Stanley courtesy of a brace from Olufela Olomola and a Francois Zoko strike.

Southampton loanee Olomola will be particularly buoyant going into the game at the New Lawn after netting the first goals of his career.

The more experienced Zoko, who has expressed his delight at his partnership with the Saints youngster, also has two for the season.

Waiting in the wings and pushing the duo hard is Sam Surridge. Yet to start for Yeovil, the Bournemouth forward has stated his ambitions to be the club’s top scorer this term.

Darren Way further added to his attacking options this week by bringing in another Cherry – Jordan Green on a free transfer.

Following a loan spell with League Two rivals Newport County in 2016/17, the 22-year-old is keen to establish himself as a regular in Somerset.

Forest Green are yet to put a notch in their win column.

Mark Cooper’s side played out a 2-2 draw against Barnet in their maiden EFL outing before suffering defeat to Mansfield Town on the road.

Fresh from penning a new two-year contract, forward Christian Doidge continued his goalscoring exploits from the National League with two on the opening day.

In an attempt to enhance their their play-off winning squad, Rovers have recruited heavily this summer.

Eleven players have arrived in Nailsworth including striker Luke James, defender Scott Laird and Chelsea stopper Bradley Collins on loan.

Yeovil have never faced Forest Green in an EFL fixture.

The last meeting between the two sides came at Huish Park on New Year’s Day 2003.

The Glovers were victorious on that day, running out 1-0 winners courtesy of a solitary effort from Kirk Jackson.

David Webb will be the man in the middle this weekend. 

Both of Mr. Webb’s league matches this season have been in League One and he also officiated the Carabao cup tie between Scunthorpe United and Notts County.

The Lancashire-born official refereed 45 games last season, dishing out 119 yellows and three reds.

Webb last officiated a Yeovil match in October 2015. Town lost 3-2 at Carlisle United.

He will be assisted by Joe Clark (West Midlands) and Abbas Khan (East Midlands) with Mark Griffiths (West Midlands) acting as fourth official. 

Darren Way and Rhys Browne’s pre-match interviews can be watched in full for free on iFollow Glovers.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account and live matchday centre.

If you’re unable to attend the game, live audio commentary is available via the iFollow Glovers service, with the monthly and season subscriptions offering full-match replays from Sunday. 

A full match report will follow on at full-time with post-match reaction from the manager and a member of the playing staff following soon after. 

Supporters will be able to purchase on the day from the FGR ticket office.

Advertisement block

Match Reports

REPORT | Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Yeovil Town

Glovers suffer defeat at the New Lawn

19 August 2017

The Yeovil players gather in a huddle after scoring PPAUK

Yeovil Town suffered a 4-3 defeat at the New Lawn in the first ever EFL meeting with Forest Green Rovers in Sky Bet League Two.

In an action-packed first-half the Glovers raced into a 2-0 goal lead courtesy of a Fela Olomola strike and Otis Khan penalty.

Christian Doidge grabbed a goal back for the hosts before Francois Zoko’s third goal in as many games made it 3-1.

In a pulsating affair, quick-fire strikes from Reece Brown and Charlie Cooper either side of the break chalked off Yeovil’s lead, before substitute Omar Bugiel completed the comeback late on.

Darren Way made one change from the side that saw off Accrington Stanley 3-2 a week previous in Sky Bet League Two.

Switching to a 3-4-3 formation, Tom James came into a three-man backline at the expense of Rhys Browne who dropped to the bench.

Having signed in midweek, forward Jordan Green took a seat amongst the substitutes, with Dan Alfei dropping out of the matchday squad to accommodate the new arrival.

Looking lively in the opening exchanges and stopping Rovers from enjoying their usual lion’s share of possession, the Glovers continued their goal scoring form inside the opening 10 minutes.

Zoko’s drilled effort from the angle could only be parried by home stopper Bradley Collins, with man-in-form Olomola on the spot to tap in from close range for his third goal in two games.

In a frantic opening 45 minutes Dale Bennett almost notched an immediate reply for the hosts as his shot from range whistled past the post, before Town won the opportunity to double their lead on 14 minutes.

James Bailey’s sweeping pass released Khan down the left and after jinking into the box, the fans’ favourite was tripped forcing referee David Webb to point to the spot.

Having missed a spot kick on the opening day of the season, Khan dusted himself off to send Collins the wrong way and double the visitors lead in a near perfect start in Gloucestershire. 

Blown away by their Somerset opponents in the first 15 minutes, Mark Cooper’s side responded to falling two behind with a spell of pressure.

Liam Noble’s volley following a Luke James flick on drew Artur Krysiak into action, before Doidge grabbed a goal back for Forest Green on 23 minutes.

The lively Bennett’s tempting cross picked out the Rovers forward who headed home from six yards.

In an end-to-end affair, Luke James saw a header drop wide of the target as Forest Green searched for an equaliser, before Town restored their two-goal advantage with 35 minutes on the clock.

Almost unplayable in the final third, Khan worked space for a cross which Manny Monthe failed to clear, allowing Zoko to nod home at the back post.

With more goals looking like a certainty, the bumper crowd for the South West derby were treated to a fifth on the stroke of half-time.

Just minutes after Brown fired a 20-yard strike onto the post, the winger dispatched a free-kick on the stroke of half-time that the visitors felt was harshly awarded for a handball against Connor Smith.

Now only boasting a goal advantage, the Glovers were pegged back to 3-3 just four minutes after the restart.  

Finding space 25 yards from goal, Cooper tried his luck and was rewarded as his low shot somehow squeezed under Krysiak and into the back of the net.

Making amends for his mistake the Polish stopper was at his best to get a hand to Cooper’s deflected free-kick past the hour-mark, before Town produced their best chances of the second half.

Substitute Rhys Browne watched a curling effort be parried away by Cooper having cut inside from the left, before firing a venomous strike into the ‘keeper’s arms from the edge of the box moments later.

As the game entered something of a lull as the final 10 minutes loomed, the entertaining affair was brought back to life by Bugiel.

James, off balance, could only head a cross up rather than away, allowing the German striker to bravely power a header over Krysiak and complete the comeback. 

Desperate to avoid a second defeat on the road, Town threw caution to the wind as Green replaced Connor Smith for the closing stages.

The debutant looked lively after taking to the pitch but couldn’t produce a moment to remember as the Glovers succumbed to a Forest Green comeback in Gloucestershire.

Forest Green Rovers: B. Collins, Bennett, Fitzwater (Iacovitti 46’), Monthe, Laird, Noble, L. Collins, Cooper, Brown (Wishart 78'), Doidge, James (Bugiel 63’).
Bookings: Monthe 59’, Cooper 90'.
Subs not used: Russell, Marsh-Brown, Mullings, Evans.

Yeovil Town: Krysiak, James, Mugabi, Sowunmi (Browne 54’), N. Smith, Dickson, Khan, C. Smith (Green 84’), Bailey, Olomola (Surridge 67’), Zoko.
Bookings: James 69’.
Subs not used: Maddison, Davies, Santos, Gray.

Advertisement block

Ticket News

TICKETS | Fans can now pay on the day at Forest Green

All-ticket requirement rescinded

14 August 2017

Forest Green Rovers corner flag with a stand in the background

Supporters wishing to watch the Glovers at Forest Green Rovers can now purchase tickets on the day.

The Gloucestershire outfit has reversed the all-ticket status after liaising with various safety groups and ticketing staff at Yeovil Town, as well as listening to feedback from supporters. 

Town fans will be able to buy tickets from Huish Park until midday on Thursday, with all other sales to take place via the FGR ticket office on the day of the match. 

Advanced purchase is advised to avoid matchday queues and can be done by visiting the Huish Park ticket office, calling on 01935 847888 or by buying online

A new ground for Yeovil supporters, a full breakdown of ticket prices and travel information can be found in our away match ticket section.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block