Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

11 February 2017 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 15:00 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews


10 February 2017

All you need to know ahead of Town’s match against Leyton Orient in Sky Bet League Two (3pm).

Town return to league action after a disappointing defeat to Luton Town in the Checkatrade Trophy. 

However, Darren Way’s side are unbeaten in their last two League Two matches, picking up four points in the process.

The victory came over high-flying Plymouth Argyle at Huish Park and Way has stated he wants his squad build on the impressive result.

Alex Lacey and Nathan Smith were scorers on the night and praised assistant Terry Skiverton for his work with them on the training ground.

Yeovil will be looking to extend their unbeaten league sequence to three when Leyton Orient visit Huish Park.

The O’s have lost six on the bounce, a losing streak which has seen them slip into the bottom two.

New boss Danny Webb is a former Glover who made 10 appearances for the club between January 2007 and May 2008.

The 33-year-old named five players aged 20 or under in their midweek defeat to Morecambe and is confident his youthful side can keep them up.

Paul McCallum is Orient’s top scorer with 10 goals in all competitions, while former Town loanee Gavin Massey has five scores to his name.


In the 26 times the two sides have met, Town have won on nine occasions (D7 L19).

The Glovers’ most memorable victory over Orient came in 2011 where Shaun MacDonald hit a first-half hat-trick in a 5-1 win at Brisbane Road.

Last time out, Tom Eaves’ header was enough to secure Yeovil all three points.


Darren Deadman (Cambridgeshire) will take charge of his 33rd game of the season when Town host Orient.

Mr Deadman has awarded 112 yellow cards so far this season and has issued seven red cards, two of which have come in his last four matches.

Ironically, Mr Deadman officiated Town’s 1-0 win away at Orient earlier on in the campaign. 

The Cambridgeshire-born official will be assisted by Simon Knapp (Bristol) and Neil Radford (Worcestershire) with Derek Eaton (Gloucestershire) acting as fourth official. 


Darren Way and Shayon Harrison’s pre-match interviews can be viewed on YTFC's official YouTube account here.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account which can be found here, with additional updates available via YTFC's official Facebook page.

If you’re unable to attend the game a full match report will follow on at full-time with post-match reaction from manager Darren Way and a member of the playing staff following soon after.


Ticket information can be found by clicking here. Supporters wishing to attend the match can purchase tickets online by clicking here, or via the Huish Park ticket office either in person or by calling 01935 847888. 

Advertisement block

Match Reports


11 February 2017

Yeovil Town drew 1-1 with Leyton Orient in Sky Bet League Two following a mixed afternoon at Huish Park.

After an opening 45 minutes largely devoid of opportunities, the hosts took the lead in first-half stoppage time courtesy of a close range Francois Zoko finish. 

The Glovers went close on two occasions after the break before Orient levelled late on through Gavin Massey, to make it a frustrating afternoon for the Glovers.

Darren Way made five changes to the side that went out of the Checkatrade Trophy in midweek, when Town had eight players unavailable. 

Artur Krysiak returned between the sticks, whilst Liam Shephard re-entered the fray after suspension on Tuesday night. 

Captain Darren Ward - rested at Kenilworth Road - returned to partner Nathan Smith in the heart of the Glovers defence, with Alex Lawless making his first appearance in seven matches due to injury.

Having missed the trip to Luton due to ineligibility, Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro was the fifth and final change, starting in the front three. 

Despite the numerous changes, Town started with nine of the 11 that featured at Hartlepool seven days previous and as in County Durham, the Glovers were slow to get going. 

Conversely, the O’s were quick out of the blocks and tested Krysiak in the open few minutes when Nigel Atangana stung the hands of the Polish stopper with a powerful effort. 

Unscathed from a shaky opening five minutes, the game plateaued into an even share of possession, with neither side engineering anything by way of a meaningful opportunity. 

In fact, Yeovil had to wait until the 20th minute for their first flurry of pressure, with a succession of corners and a deflected Ben Whitfield strike stroking the side-netting. 

However, it was from a Green and White corner that the London outfit spurned the best opportunity of the opening 45 minutes. 

Having sprung a counter-attack, Sandro Semedo and Gavin Massey found themselves two on one against Liam Shephard, but the former ignored his strike partner and eventually was challenged by Town’s lone defender.

That spurned opportunity triggered Town into life, who produced two chances of their own in quick succession.

Neat build-up saw Whitfield slide a ball into Shephard, but in unchartered territory the full-back could only blaze into the side-netting. 

Moments later, and just past the half-hour mark, Zoko curled an effort from range over the bar, as Town became more effective in the final third. 

A lengthy delay for Krysiak who required treatment for a facial injury looked to have killed off any momentum, but Yeovil took the lead on the stroke of half-time. 

Tom Eaves’ neat turn and deflected shot was well pushed away by Sam Sargeant in the visiting goal, but Zoko showed his guile to follow in and expertly find the back of the net, becoming Town’s top scorer with nine goals in the process. 

After the break, and looking to avoid a seventh straight defeat, Orient kicked off the second half when Massey fired straight at Krysiak, before the hosts took control. 

Enjoying the majority of the play, Way’s side produced a trio of chances as the game ticked past the hour mark. 

After a spellbinding run from Zoko, the veteran teed up apprentice Whitfield, but the Bournemouth loanees strike was straight at Sargeant. 

Looking to put the game to bed, Eaves flashed a low drive inches wide from the edge of the box before Akpa Akpro did the same from inside the box. 

Orient used all three of their subs in a bid to turn the tide, and it resulted in a spell of pressure as the game ticked towards the final 10 minutes. 

Danny Webb’s side committed numbers forward as Town slumped deeper, and with two minutes of normal time remaining the O’s levelled. 

Paul McCullum’s effort only fell to Massey at the back post who fired into the roof of the net to ease Orient’s poor start to 2017.

With little time for either side to find a winner it ended with a share of the spoils at Huish Park, resulting in a frustrating afternoon for the hosts.

Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard, Ward, Smith, Dickson (Mugabi 79’); Whitfield, Lawless, Dolan; Akpa Akpro (Harrison 71’), Eaves, Zoko (Sowunmi 90').
Bookings: Lawless 55’, Dolan 78’
Subs not used: Maddison, James, Butcher, Goodship.

Leyton Orient: Sargeant; Judd, Erichot (Kennedy 45’), Parkes, Hunt; Atangana (Koroma 55’), Kelly, Collins; Massey, Liburd (McCullum 54’), Semedo.
Bookings: Semedo 71’, Collins 73’, Kelly 75’
Subs not used: Grainger, Mezague, Moncur, Dalby.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block