Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

14 February 2017 Venue Huish Park Attendance

Kick off 19:45 (UK)

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English Football League - League Two

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews


14 February 2017

All you need to know ahead of Town’s match against Cambridge United in Sky Bet League Two tonight (7.45pm).

Despite the frustration of conceding a late goal on Saturday, Town made it three matches unbeaten in Sky Bet League Two with a draw against Leyton Orient.

Francois Zoko netted his ninth of the campaign in all competitions and became the Glovers’ top scorer.

However, the Ivorian forward was withdrawn from the field early due to a whack on his ankle.

Left-back Ryan Dickson was also replaced due to injury and will be assessed ahead of tonight’s visit of Cambridge United.

The U’s have lost their last four matches in the league and lie 14th in the table.

Shaun Derry’s have scored just once in their previous five games and have conceded eight goals.

Luke Berry possesses a goalscoring threat from midfield while Uche Ikpeazu provides Cambridge’s up top.


Yeovil won their first five fixtures against Cambridge but have failed to pick up a point in their last three meetings with the U’s.

Darren Way was in the heart of the midfield the last time Town defeated Cambridge back in 2005. 

Paul Terry’s opener was cancelled out by Shane Tudor’s 77th-minute strike but Phil Jevons netted from the sport four minutes from time to earn the Glovers all three points.

Last time out, Mark Roberts bundled home for Cambridge in a 1-0 win at the Abbey Stadium in September. 


Brett Huxtable (Devon) will take charge of his 28th game of the season when Town host Cambridge.

Mr Huxtable has awarded 92 yellow cards so far this campaign and has issued two red cards.

The Devon-born official issued eight bookings in Town’s 2-1 win over Colchester United.

Mr Huxtable will be assisted by Steven Plane (Worcestershire) and Adrian Tranter (Dorset) with Marc Whaley (Devon) acting as fourth official. 


Darren Way’s pre-match interview can be viewed on YTFC's official YouTube account here.

On matchday, minute-by-minute updates will be provided on YTFC's official Twitter account which can be found here, with additional updates available via YTFC's official Facebook page.

If you’re unable to attend the game a full match report will follow on at full-time with post-match reaction from manager Darren Way and a member of the playing staff following soon after.


Ticket information can be found by clicking here. Supporters wishing to attend the match can purchase tickets online by clicking here, or via the Huish Park ticket office either in person or by calling 01935 847888. 

Advertisement block

Match Reports


14 February 2017

Yeovil Town had to settle for their seventh draw in 11 games as the Green and Whites conceded late on to draw 1-1 with Cambridge United at Huish Park.

The Glovers dominated the opening 45 minutes with Tom Eaves and Francois Zoko both going close, eventually settling for 0-0 at the break.

United came into the game after the restart but it was Town who finally made their chances count when Zoko netted goal number 10 of the season after 78 minutes.

However, with a sense of déjà vu, Yeovil conceded in the dying embers of the match for the second game running as Barry Corr earned the U’s a late share of the spoils. 

Darren Way made three changes to the side that drew 1-1 with Leyton Orient four days ago on home soil. 

Without Darren Ward (knee) and Nathan Smith (dead leg), Bevis Mugabi and Matt Butcher came into the centre of defence with Alex Lacey (knee) still unavailable. 

In midfield, Kevin Dawson returned from suspension pushing Ben Whitfield into the front three, pushing Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro out of the matchday squad completely.  

Despite a disrupted back four the Glovers began in assured fashion, looking to build on their impressive home record against Cambridge which had seen them win 11 of their previous 13 meetings.

Having dominated possession in the opening 10 minutes, Town spurned the first opportunity of the match when Whitfield’s dangerous set-piece was prodded wide by an under pressure Mugabi. 

However, the young defender was proving to be Yeovil’s biggest threat at a foggy Huish Park, as minutes later the 21-year-old saw a fizzing effort from 30 yards parried away by Will Norris. 

The home faithful were buoyed by Town’s first half performance, and as the clock ticked onto 25 minutes Way’s side produced their best chance yet. 

Tom Eaves showed his pace and trickery to latch onto a through ball and beat his man, before seeing a low drive from the angle fly inches wide of the far post. 

In a one-way first-half Whitfield had a wide free-kick pushed behind for a corner in unorthodox fashion by Norris, before Eaves could only head a tempting Ryan Dickson cross over the bar. 

Now past the half-hour mark Yeovil’s onslaught continued.

Top-scorer Francois Zoko had a low shot saved by the legs of the increasingly busy Norris, before the Ivorian recycled possession for Eaves to see a header at the back post held by the U’s stopper. 

In rare forays into the Glovers final third Cambridge won a couple of corners which failed to materialise, as the half drew to a close with Yeovil feeling they’d done enough to merit the lead. 

After the restart Yeovil’s front three continued to threaten when Zoko’s low cross narrowly evaded Matty Dolan at the back post, before Shaun Derry’s side produced their first meaningful attempts on goal. 

With 50 minutes played the dangerous Luke Berry found space in the box to shoot on the turn, but Krysiak was well-placed to claim low to his right. 

Moments later, George Maris had an attempt from range comfortably saved, before the hosts introduced Omar Sowunmi for Eaves 10 minutes into the second half. 

The 6’6” striker almost made an immediate impact heading Dawson’s hanging cross, but it cannoned off of a U’s defender and away from danger.

More end-to-end in the second period Cambridge replied with a chance of their own at the other end, as Piero Mingoia fired just wide from 20 yards after a defensive error. 

In a game peppered with attacking intent, Way’s side almost took the lead in comical style on 62 minutes.

An attempted Leon Legge clearance inside his own box cannoned off of an advanced Liam Shephard before flying into the side-netting with the right-back knowing little about it – rousing a chorus of laughter from the stands.

Owain Jones entered the fray for his home debut as Yeovil looked to refresh their front three, with the game becoming increasingly scrappy. 

Town had looked the more dangerous of the two sides though and their perseverance paid off with 12 minutes remaining. 

Ryan Dickson’s cross was only cleared as far as Alex Lawless, and from his low drive Zoko used his poacher’s instinct to stab home from close range. 

However, for the fourth time in seven matches the Glovers couldn’t hold onto the lead and for the second time in four days, conceded late on. 

With 89 minutes on the clock, substitute Corr popped up at the back post to loop an effort over Krysiak as Town once again succumbed to a late goal. 

With little time remaining both sides had to share the spoils, as the Glovers drew their second match at home in the space of four days in frustrating circumstances.

Yeovil Town: Krysiak; Shephard, Mugabi, Butcher, Dickson; Dawson, Lawless, Dolan; Whitfield (Jones 61’), Eaves (Sowunmi 54’), Zoko.
Bookings: Dawson 47’, Lawless 59’
Subs not used: Maddison, James, Harrison, Goodship.

Cambridge United: Norris; Davies, Legge, Roberts, Carroll; Mingoia, O’Neil, Lewis (Clark 67’), Maris; Berry; Ikpeazu (Corr 73’). 
Bookings: O’Neil 57’
Subs not used: Gregory, Dunne, Dunk, Wharton, Williamson.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block